Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get moeny back from purchase through bank transfer?

Options
  • 15-01-2015 1:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭

I sent money to someone for an item but never received it, can i get a refund? i paid through bank transfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

Unless the person is willing to return the money. The bank cannot reverse the funds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

What should i do? it was 34.99 and we're both a i b can i get the guards to make him return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

tommybc wrote: »
    What should i do? it was 34.99 and we're both a i b can i get the guards to make him return it?

Is the seller responding to emails?

Which site did you order from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Is the seller a business or an individual? Are they based in Ireland? As per GerardKeating, are they responding to mails and, if an online purchase, what site was it? Is there any chance the item is just late?

At this stage, the guards have nothing to do with it. If anything, this may be a case for the Small Claims Court, but is certainly not a criminal case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

This is why you should never buy anything with a bank transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

slinky2000 wrote: »
    This is why you should never buy anything with a bank transfer.

A lot of German sellers on Ebay only accept payment by bank transfer.

In 13 years I haven't had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    In 13 years I haven't had a problem.

Well good for you then.

OP, transferring money in the way you did is legally an unconditional exercise - you tell the bank to hand over the cash with no strings attached so you can't ask then to undo it. The Gardai will tell you it's a civil dispute so they won't get involved.

Advertisement