Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Thermostat Offer

Options
  • 15-01-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I got my mum to sign up to this offer at the christmas and there has been no contact made yet with her.
    I would have thought a phone call would have been made by now to organise an installation.
    Also a bit odd was the wording on the website was "thank you for making the switch" when she is already an electric ireland customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi boardzz,

Sorry to read of this delay, and thanks for the interest in the Electric Ireland/Nest offer. If you private message us your mother's name, address and telephone number, we will contact Home Services to organise a callback to her (once she is happy with this) as soon as possible. Home Services are here until 6pm Monday to Friday. If there is a particular time that would suit your mother to be telephoned during these hours, do let us know.

"Thank you for making the switch" is just a standard automated message that appears for both new and existing customers when they sign up to an Electric Ireland price-plan.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Scratch that, as it happens she got a phone call after my writing this. 

Glad to read it boardzz, thanks for letting us know.

Una

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Hi guys,

I recently signed up with you guys for electricity (December 2914). Was there a reason I wasn't informed of this offer? Is it still available to me? I'd have signed up for 2 years if I had known this!!

Hello justback83.

How did you make the switch? Over the phone or online?

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

The switch was actually made by my landlord. I signed up to direct debit online though...

Hi justback83,

If your landlord contacted Electric Ireland to have an account opened for you, that would have been with the Customer Service department rather than being a sales process.

The account-holder themselves would need to be the one signing up for a price-plan. Our Sales team apply discounts, our Home Services team set up the Nest price-plan.

Details of the plans available are here on our website. If you are on the gas network line, we offer gas in addition to electricity for availing of the Nest price-plan also.

Do private message us your Electric Ireland account number, name, address and telephone number if you would like us to check anything on your account.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I've noticed that the NEST offer is open to existing customers if you are switching the other utility over to you.
    Is the offer available to customers that already have two utilities but will commit to two years?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

RangeR wrote: »
    I've noticed that the NEST offer is open to existing customers if you are switching the other utility over to you.
    Is the offer available to customers that already have two utilities but will commit to two years?
    You pay 99 euro if you are an existing customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

boardzz wrote: »
    RangeR wrote: »
    You pay 99 euro if you are an existing customer.
    Understood but there is still ambiguity. It says it's for existing customers but part of it also says if switching one utility. I have both utilities with EI.

• Advertisement

Hi Ranger,

Thanks for your interest in Nest.

Existing customers - for electricity or electricity+gas - are eligible for the €99 offer (saving €275).

The Nest offer with the installation of the thermostat free of charge is available to customers who either switch to Electric Ireland from another supplier, or who are electricity customers with Electric Ireland already and then switch their gas to/open a gas account with Electric Ireland.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement