Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinoa - gone from supermarkets?

Options
  • 15-01-2015 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Is quinoa still available in supermarkets. Someone asked me about quinoa and said it was €12 a bag in the health store. The woman told her it has gone up in price so dunnes aren't stocking it. I checked tesco and it seems to be gone from online. Any ideas where to get it and the price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

My local Supervalu has lots of it in the health food section. Costs in the region of 3-7euro per 500g, depending on the brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I bought some in Tesco Clarehall (Dublin) the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Every Tesco I've tried has it. It has gone up significantly in price but most health food shops are rip-off merchants to an extreme extent - and probably lying about Dunnes to sell their marked up product at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Lidl in Blanchardstown had a whole freezer full of it yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Sala wrote: »
    Is quinoa still available in supermarkets. Someone asked me about quinoa and said it was €12 a bag in the health store. The woman told her it has gone up in price so dunnes aren't stocking it. I checked tesco and it seems to be gone from online. Any ideas where to get it and the price?

Quinoa on sale in Dunnes Roscommon today. Approx €1.80 for the non branded, €3 90 for the organic super duper hair on your chest packet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

hfallada wrote: »
    Lidl in Blanchardstown had a whole freezer full of it yesterday.

Freezer? Quinoa is (usually...) sold in small plastic bags, dry and room temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Thanks, she found a bag in dunnes, and tesco's are back!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Advertisement