Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a decent smartphone on a budget

Options
  • 15-01-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    Any recommendations of a decent smartphone on a budget (of 300)
    I was looking at the Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact, 300€ in vodafone - any feedback

I am Pay as you go
    Thx in advance
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I have 3 of those :
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Red-Rice-Note-Xiaomi-Hongmi-Note-WCDMA-Mobile-Phone-MTK6592-Octa-Core-1-7GHz/1885305631.html

4G LTE,Snapdragon,Hd srceen,5,5 inch all for 145€+customs.You wont find phone like Xiaomi for 150 anywhere in local shops

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I have 3 of those :
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Red-Rice-Note-Xiaomi-Hongmi-Note-WCDMA-Mobile-Phone-MTK6592-Octa-Core-1-7GHz/1885305631.html

4G LTE,Snapdragon,Hd srceen,5,5 inch all for 145€+customs.You wont find phone like Xiaomi for 150 anywhere in local shops

can I ask how long shipping took, also did you get hit with customs, if so how much?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    can I ask how long shipping took, also did you get hit with customs, if so how much?

I bought 3 phones in one month period.Only one was chcecked with customs.I paid 31€+6€ anPost fee.I took 2 weeks from China.If u decide to buy ,buy only from Goldman shop from link above.He is well known genuine.
    Also some shops have them in stock from UK for 170£+parcel motel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I bought 3 phones in one month period.Only one was chcecked with customs.I paid 31€+6€ anPost fee.I took 2 weeks from China.If u decide to buy ,buy only from Goldman shop from link above.He is well known genuine.

Hows the battery life? I'm on the lookout to replace a fairly knackered Galaxy S4

• Advertisement

Hows the battery life? I'm on the lookout to replace a fairly knackered Galaxy S4

Im very heave user.4G all the time +wifi.I charge every 24h but my wife's sometimes last 3 days without charging

thanks for that, Ive heard really good things about Xiaomi, it seems like they're really putting it up to Apple and Samsung in the spec and usability stakes so I reckon I'm going to buy one in the next few weeks.
    Just out of interest- how did you find adapting to using a 5.5inch screen over the usual 4 inch previous. Are they tricky to text with one hand or do you just get used to it?

5.5 isnt that big as u think.Fits well in pocket and browsing web and watching videos is great.In my opinion red mi-note has much better screen quality than Iphone5 and 6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

one plus one for €300 or moto g for €137

Yeah I watched this review on it yesterday and the screen on it looks amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'm happy with the Nokia Lumia 925,decent phone,non android though

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bertson

Thx all, got an Xperia Z1 compact, does the job with a decent camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Where?

Advertisement