Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone contract procedure.

Options
  • 15-01-2015 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Staff members (in store) of a network and mobile phone provider, are using their own cashcards to authorize the €1 deposit required to validate a new customer bank account, this is happening when the new customer has a bank account with no funds. No doubt this is totally against procedure, but I wonder what are the implications in terms of agreement and contract? Dare I say is it a Lawful practice? I posed the question on another board as to whether or not people had 'experienced' the same practice, at least thirty people confirmed it. I figure it was relevant to post here and get a technical range of opinion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

osprey wrote: »
    Staff members (in store) of a network and mobile phone provider, are using their own cashcards to authorize the €1 deposit required to validate a new customer bank account, this is happening when the new customer has a bank account with no funds. No doubt this is totally against procedure, but I wonder what are the implications in terms of agreement and contract? Dare I say is it a Lawful practice? I posed the question on another board as to whether or not people had 'experienced' the same practice, at least thirty people confirmed it. I figure it was relevant to post here and get a technical range of opinion.

Is offer, acceptance or consideration breached by this 'procedure'? If not then I can't see why it would negate a contract. There might be something in relation to consumer credit but beyond that I can't see how one is related to the other.

Advertisement