Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone unlocking?

Options
  • 15-01-2015 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can i unlock my phone for free? i have rang vodafone and they said i have to pay 112euro to get the code. I know there is companys that do it but the cheapest i can get there is 50euro to do it? any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Can i unlock my phone for free? i have rang vodafone and they said i have to pay 112euro to get the code. I know there is companys that do it but the cheapest i can get there is 50euro to do it? any ideas?

If you're out of contract they'll unlock it for free so I guess you're still under contract.

This isn't the right forum for this post either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

If you give make and model you might get a better answer, some phones can be unlock for free other no.

For androids more info here

For Iphone here

Others here

If you contact a moderator they can move to the relevant section.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from Mobile Application.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You should be able to do it on the Vodafone website. Just log in with your details and go to the help page.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you are payg you have to have topped up €127 in the past 6 months.

What phone do you want unlocked?

It can be cheaper to get it unlocked elsewhere depending on the model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

i have this drop down phone from bro...nokia Carl Zeiss Tesser..
    not sure of model no...
    i cannot turn it on wit h my meteor...
    how can i cheaply get it unlocked?
    without paying all this crappy unlock fees

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bigtomm wrote: »
    i have this drop down phone from bro...nokia Carl Zeiss Tesser..
    not sure of model no...
    i cannot turn it on wit h my meteor...
    how can i cheaply get it unlocked?
    without paying all this crappy unlock fees

Take out the battery and the model will be listed on the white sticker underneath.

At a guess would this be it? (N86)

nokia-n86-00.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

cannot take out the battery..its an enclosed phone..it says model 800 by the usb charger..nothing else to go on

Advertisement