Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Issue

Options
  • 15-01-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Am I the only person having an issue with Z-Tac PTT connecting to a Baofeng / Pofung UV-5R?

Unit is a Z112 and the connector won't push fully into place.
    Don't want to break my radio, so any ideas out there?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Is it the correct 2 pin connection? Ie. Kenwood type with 3 ferrules on each pin?

6378F1330AD449F79D39D4F8A72ABFB1-0000371550-0003719104-00640L-8FEB15446BD84028A35FC9FDFC136B0C.jpg

Hey Growler,

Discovered what the issue is.

Baofeng / Pofung radios have a build quality issue in that the holes for the 2 pins are not centered within the rectangular recess.

Once I filed about 1mm off the side of the plug, then it fits into the radio properly.

A small issue, but 1 that many people may be caught out by.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers, I've one of them my self but use a vertex and a motorola just to keep it legal. Nice radios though with lots of functions.

Would you mind putting up a pic of the bit you filed down?

• Advertisement

Hey Growler,

in the picture you posted above of Kenwood plug, I filed about 1mm from the side away from the camera.

Advertisement