Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help and Advice needed

Options
  • 15-01-2015 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello people,

Im from Liverpool and will be working up in Dundalk area. Have a few questions if you can help me out.

1 - Where is best to find a place to live (area) that's decent and not too many issues with anti-social behaviour?

2- What is Dundalk like? I have read a number of mixture of reviews

3 - Big help needed on how much is a weekly bus pass that will cover from outside Dundalk say carlingford to Dundalk itself? I see buses and trains are very expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

There are plenty of threads in this forum with plenty of answers to these questions.
    Have a wee read of them and if you still have questions, then ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 afebmunn

cant find anything about bus pass question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

afebmunn wrote: »
    cant find anything about bus pass question

There are 10 journey tickets available for specific journeys ( e.g. Carlingford to Dundalk).

Check out www.buseireann.ie for information on fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

The rural bus service is pretty poor in general.

Dundalk itself is fairly typical of a mid size town (compared to Liverpool)It certainly has a mixed reputation much of which it has left behind. In my opinion having lived in many places Dundalk has improved greatly. Nice mix of pubs and restaurants shops and with Paypal,National Pen and DkIT , there is quite a young international population. The surrounding area is also quite nice ..Carlingford, Cooley Mountains etc

My partner is foreign and she likes it here. Much of what you need is on your doorstep and with Dublin and Belfast on either side you can easily get to concerts shopping etc that you might miss in a smaller town

Advertisement