Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything hurts, and I'm dying.

Options
  • 15-01-2015 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Weight: Roughly 115lbs
    Height: 5'0

Since I am not a fan of the gym I choose to do workouts at home. As I prefer to exercise before I go to college (which means getting up at 6 o'clock), I like quick but somewhat intense workouts. This record is from the last few days just to bring myself up to date (as I only really started doing HIITS and tracking it then) but prior to that I have been doing the weight training Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays along with skipping (weather permitting) and some yoga. :)
    Jump squats - 10 reps
    Crab toe touches - 10 reps
    Break dance push-ups - 10 reps
    Complete as many rounds in 15 mins - 3 rounds completed

Yoga - 20 minutes
    Leg Lift Burpee x 10
    Wood Chop Lunge x10 (weight)
    Twisted Sit up x 20 (weight)
    Completed in: 13 minutes 45 seconds

Yoga - 25 minutes

Monday 12/01/2015
    Cardio Kick boxing Routine - 30 minutes
    Yoga - 30 mins
    Weights- Pull day (Weight 8kg each and 3 sets)

Bicep curls x10
    Bent over rows x10

Tuesday (Rest day) - Yoga 30 mins

Plank, push-up, side plank, elbow crunch, jump turn - x 10
    Jump squats with leg lift - 20 reps
    Dive bomber pushups- 20 reps

Weights Push Day: 3 sets
    Bench press x10
    Push ups x 10
    Yoga - 20 minutes
    Burpees x 10
    Jump lunges x 15 (did ordinary lunges instead. Legs wouldn't let me do jump lunges!)
    Push ups x 20
    Mountain Climbers x 30 Reps
    Air Squats x 40 Reps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Friday 16/01/2015
    HIIT - AMRAP:(As many rounds as possible in 15 Minutes)
    Completed: 2 rounds and 2 exercises of round 3 :o
    Side lunge and burpee x10 (alternating legs)
    Pulse squat (10 pulses each) and jump x 10 (with weight 8kg)
    Lunge and twist (with weight 8kg) (alternating legs) x 10
    Side plank leg lift x 15 Reps on each leg

Weights (8kg): Legs (three sets)
    Squat x 10
    Lunge x10

Yoga - 20 minutes

Saturday 17/01/2015
    HIIT - AMRAP in 15 minutes. 3 Rounds and 2 exercises of round 4.
    Side Step ups x 15 (each leg)
    One leg triceps dips x 10 (each leg)
    One leg elevated lunges x 15 (each leg)
    Chair climber x 40

Yoga - 30 mins

Skipping (varied techniques)/running on the spot - 20 minutes (unfortunately my skipping rope split in half 3/4 or that of the way through so I ran on the spot for another 5 minutes. I had meant to see if I could do 40 mins but after it split I wasn't much in the mood to keep going much longer! I now need a new skipping rope! :o

Sunday 18/01/2015
    Sunday being the day of rest and all that :pac: decided to do light exercise today. That, and when I woke up this morning I just felt knackered. I did get up at six yesterday morning to exercise (also because I like being the first one down and having enough time to do exercise + yoga and still have time left over to just sit and eat breakfast and read in peace and quiet :) on the weekends) but I went to bed at 10. But decided to sleep in until half 7.

I wanted to give my knees a rest too so did mostly arm and did leg exercises that wouldn't be too straining for my knees. I'm hoping to make the effort to go swimming next week too just to switch it up. I just get lazy thinking about it as I'd have to walk 30 mins to get there (as I can't drive....yet and wouldn't have a lift on the weekdays!:) ) Plan to weigh myself tomorrow as well. Diet remains good and on course much to my suprise! Had my egg in toast with some parmesan cheese that I had been looking forward to all week!:) Had a little bit of porridge and some liver (separately!:pac:) afterwards too though!:o Back to a proper workout Monday hopefully!:)

HIIT: (If it can be called that today, I barley sweated!)
    15 mins. I completed 6 or 7 I'm afraid I forgot to keep count!:pac: But it's one or the other!
    Chair dips x 20
    Russian twists x20
    Donkey Kicks x 20 (10 each leg)
    High hand kicks x20
    Plank hand-to-hand x 20
    Soles of feet joined sit up x20
    V ups x 20
    Back on floor touch sides of shoes x20
    Added 30 Jumping jacks at the end

Yoga - 14 minutes

Monday 19/01/2015
    Exercise #1
    HIIT - 10 minutes with 30 second intervals for each exercise, no rest.
    1) Side plank with leg lift and jump up
    2) Side crunches
    3) Side to side squat (starting with legs together, moving out right leg, squat, back together then left leg etc.)
    4) Side to side push up
    5) Knee hugs
    6) Elbow plank
    7) Bike Press
    8) Plank Jump
    I don't know what it was but I barely sweated at all with this workout which frustrated me as I felt I must have been doing it wrong or not intensely enough. Decided to give myself 5-10 minutes and do another HIIT. That wiped me out! I had to take breaks in between some of the exercises, felt like a failure :o But God, did I sweat!:pac: Didn't do as many reptile push ups as I should of because I only noticed that they were on the list the after the second round!

Exercise #2
    1) Suitcase Deadlift x 10 Reps (right arm)
    2) Donkey Kicks with Jump squat x 10 Reps
    3) Suitcase Deadlift x10 (left arm)
    4) Donkey Kicks with Jump squat x 10 Reps
    5) Reptile Pushups x10 (alternating legs)

Yoga - 34 Minutes

Weight Training:
    Shoulder press x 10 reps 3 sets
    Push ups x 20 Reps
    Bench Press x 10 Reps

Diet: On track! :) My brother's graduation is on Wednesday and we're going out to an Italian place (Bella Italia in Limerick) to eat afterwards. I don't plan to go crazy food wise but I plan to up the exercise a bit tomorrow just so I might MIGHT have desert and not have to feel annoyed or disappointed or whatever. I looked at the menu and most things come with a creamy white sauce but some have a tomato based sauce so I was wondering would the tomato based sauce be a healthier choice?

They also have tagliatelle with seafood in a garlic based sauce with white wine. And of course they have probably the safest option spaghetti bolognese. I hope I don't sound like I'm obsessing over it because I'm not, but I want to make a decent decision so I can have a brownie for desert!;) They also have a beef cannelloni which looks really good! Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

Epic log title... pretty much sums up my day to day life :pac:

• Advertisement

COH wrote: »
    Epic log title... pretty much sums up my day to day life :pac:

A quote from Parks and Recreation! :P I felt it summed up my feelings when exercising perfectly!

20/01/2015
    Weight: 114lbs (seems I've dropped 1lb)

Felt pretty unmotivated this morning, could feel myself procrastinating over doing even my HIIT. I have no idea why, I just didn't seem to have the energy as ridiculous as that sounds. I'm hardly going to the gym every day for 2 hours! Finally I made myself start and by the second round I wanted to quit but I pushed on and made myself do the full three rounds. Don't know what is up with me today. Had even planned on doing two HIITS but after I just about managed to throw myself through the first one I couldn't process doing another. Hopefully I'll feel more up to it tomorrow might even do a longer but not as intense cardio session which I hadn't planned but if it gets me motivated again it's worth considering. Going to go swimming some day this week too just to change it up a bit. With all my complaining you'd think I'd been doing this for months!:o

HIIT: Complete 3 rounds. Time: 17:38.
    Snowboard x 20 reps
    Plank, push up, side plank, elbow crunch, jump turn x 10
    Jump squats with leg lift x 10 (each leg)
    Dive bomber push ups x 20

Yoga 20 minutes

Diet went off kilter last night. Had too many mini kit kats and a bowl of ice cream! :o Whatever was going on with me. I hadn't the slightest craving for sweets or anything the last two weeks! And of I feel worse today! Anyway, I'm going to make this my rest day and do some yoga to just help screw my head back on again!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

From experience, having mini anything is asking for it.

"Mini Kit Kats...sure they're only half a Kit Kat".

But you (I) end up eating 5.

Anyway, back on the horse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Diet went off kilter last night. Had too many mini kit kats and a bowl of ice cream! :o Whatever was going on with me. I hadn't the slightest craving for sweets or anything the last two weeks! And of I feel worse today! Anyway, I'm going to make this my rest day and do some yoga to just help screw my head back on again!

At 114lb I doubt you have a lot (any?) weight to lose depending on your height, so I would not worry too much about the odd blip to be honest - focus on how well you are doing 90% of the time as that's what matters most! :)

• Advertisement

From experience, having mini anything is asking for it.

"Mini Kit Kats...sure they're only half a Kit Kat".

But you (I) end up eating 5.

Anyway, back on the horse :)

You're absolutely right talk about not being able to follow my own advice! I always know that sets me off but yet I let my mood take over! I think what started it was having cheese on toast, one slice. Bread in general tends to start off my craving for sweets if I eat too late in the day especially when I have cheese on toast for some reason. Didn't exercise today either and my diet is still off but I am determined to start fresh tomorrow. Might go for a swim just to shake it up a bit. Thanks for the encouragement Alf! :)
    At 114lb I doubt you have a lot (any?) weight to lose depending on your height, so I would not worry too much about the odd blip to be honest - focus on how well you are doing 90% of the time as that's what matters most! :)

I'm more focused on building a bit of muscle and just 'toning' up a bit as well in general improving my overall health. I don't like to go over 115lbs as I feel that bit extra on me as silly as that might sound. At 1114lbs I'm roughly 8 stone which I think is about right for my height 5ft. I know there are girls who'd be 110lbs and under at my height but I've never been able to go under that. However I've rarely ever gone over 8st 3 so 114lbs is a comfortable weight for me. Thanks! :) Back to it tomorrow, no question. At least these logs make me feel that I have some accountability! Need to pick up the yoga too if nothing else!

Thursday 22/01/2015
    Never put off tomorrow what you can start today! (Hate motivational quotes :pac: but it's clearly one of those days). I refuse to let one bad day derail everything. :) Though my diet has not been stellar today I've sneaked in some light exercise and yoga to just start on the right path again.

20 Air Squats
    10 Jump Lunges
    20 Push-ups
    20 Elevated Bridges (20 each leg)
    20 One Leg Push-Up (10 each leg)
    20 Elevated Lunges
    15 Burpees (two push-ups each burpee)
    5 One Leg Push-up Burpees

Yoga - 20 mins

Apologies I have been AWOL lately. Just started back at college and have a fair few 9 o'clock lectures so I am struggling to make an effort to get up before 6 (as I commute) to exercise (I know I won't do it in the evening). My diet was not great last week but funnily enough since I've been back at college it's improved! I have let my yoga slip too, but I will just have to make time for them if I want to keep my sanity during my final year. Also, had sardines on toast today!:pac: Never eaten sardines before but they were lovely!
    I'm afraid my only exercise today has been skipping for 15 mins before it started to rain! But I will try my best to make more of an effort! The most I managed to do Tuesday morning before college was 20 push ups and 20 squats and 10 burpees! :o

06/04/2015
    Skipping - 15 minutes (no breaks).

Quick HIIT - 30 seconds each no rest, skipping, pushups, mountain climbers, burpees, running back and forth on grass for 6 minutes in total.

Weights: Tricep Extension (10 reps, 3 sets)
    Dumbell Row (10 Reps, 3 sets)

07/04/2015: Tuesday
    15 mins
    1) Suitcase Deadlifts - 10 Reps
    2) Donkey Kick and jump squat- 10 Reps
    3)Suitcase Deadlife - 10 Reps
    4) Donkey Kick and Jump Squat - 10 Reps
    5) Reptile Push-up - 10 each leg
    Rounds completed: 3

30 minute walk

08/04/2015: Wednesday
    I was sore today so I just ran back and forth on the grass in the garden for about 12 minutes and put things in place to jump over and a chair to do chair dips and elevated push-ups.

09/04/2015 Thursday - Didn't get any exercise in. I was up at six to prepare for a conference in college and was there all day. Didn't get home until 9 and since I had to be up early in the morning it was straight to bed.

10/04/2015 Friday - Again, mainly because I was tired from the previous day, I slept until 6:20 which meant I'd no time to exercise because I had to be up early for a nine o'clock lecture and was leaving the house at 7:30 and I need the hour to get everything sorted. However, I did a bit of walking yesterday about an hour in two slots. Went to the cinema and managed to keep it to a small popcorn and a bottle of water (stopped getting fizzy drinks at the cinema ages ago). But I did then come home and because I was hungry I ate a mozzarella sandwich (brown bread), a croissant and an orange :o

11/04/2015 - Saturday Didn't do any exercise this morning (got up too late) but I'm hoping to get some in later. Will keep posted. I weighed myself today however and was not impressed at all :( I'm now 122.2lbs:eek: I knew I could feel extra weight and being only 5ft it's certainly not the best weight to be at so it's gotta go. My ideal weight is 114lbs or under. At least it gives me motivation to not eat crap!:)

11/04/2015 - Saturday
    HIIT: Complete 3 rounds. Time: Did the 3 rounds in 15 minutes, suprisngly
    Snowboard x 20 reps
    Plank, push up, side plank, elbow crunch, jump turn x 10
    Jump squats with leg lift x 10 (each leg)
    Dive bomber push ups x 20

Glad to report I did make the effort to do some exercise today. It was tough getting through this particular exercise and I thought about only doing two rounds but I made myself push through it. I mean it is only 15 minutes but it's a challenge.

Yoga - 30 Minutes

Weights (8kg):
    Bicep curls 5 reps, 4 sets (I couldn't get pass five without completely compromising any decent form).
    Tricep extension - 10 reps, 3 sets.

12/04/2015 - Sunday
    Skipping vigorous/moderate varied - 30 minutes
    One leg push-ups - 10 reps each leg
    Yoga/cool down - 15 minutes

13/04/2015 Monday
    Got this bad boy done today. Had to drop the weights though - I used six pound weights. I initially tried to do it with 10 pounds but after a few exercises I realised my form was being compromised and I risked injuring myself or just likely to pull something. I still got absolutely wiped out, sweating like I don't know what, from the lighter weights so I was glad, as I figured that the heavier weights would have probably made me quit before completed all the rounds!

Rounds: 5 Time:17 minutes
    1) Push Press x 10 reps
    2) Thrusters x 10 reps
    3) Back Curl Lunge x 10 reps
    4) Preacher Curl x 10 reps
    5) Weighted Jump Lunge x 10 reps
    6) Broad Jump Burpee x 10 reps

Squeezed in a few minutes of yoga too just to cool down and relax :)

• Advertisement

14/02/2015 - Tuesday
    Felt too sore to exercise so I had a rest day. :o

15/04/2015 - Wednesday
    Two hours of martial arts - wiped!:o :)

16/04/2015 - Thursday
    Was a bit sore after yesterday but did manage to do a little weight work:
    Bicep Curls - 10 reps
    Tricep Extension - 10 reps
    Dumbbell Row - 10 reps
    10 reps 3 sets

I realise I am supposed to do certain push and pull exercises on separate days but I've no idea of another pull move I can do with dumbbells as well as dumbbell rows. Any suggestions? I don't have a pull-up bar.

17/04/2015 - Friday
    Enjoyed the stretching movements in-between the exercises in this. :)
    Time:13 minutes
    Jump Squats x 20 reps
    (Followed by Candle stick & forward bend stretch)
    Side Jump Lunge x 15 reps (Hold stretch) plus 15 reps (hold stretch)
    Cross Legged Pushups - 10 reps (Downward Dog Stretch)
    4 Rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

16/04/2015

I realise I am supposed to do certain push and pull exercises on separate days but I've no idea of another pull move I can do with dumbbells as well as dumbbell rows. Any suggestions? I don't have a pull-up bar.

Lateral or frontal raises maybe?
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidLateral/DBLateralRaise.html

Thanks eclectichoney, I'll try that out!:)

18/04/2015 - Saturday
    I still feel a bit sore today think I'll have a rest day. I don't want to be pushing myself and as a result lose motivation. Even though I'm only doing 15 minutes a day excluding training and skipping I'm finding the short time easy to fit into my schedule and maintainable. Might do a bit of yoga later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

When people speak about pull exercises they are generally speaking about major muscle groups. So speaking of upperbody alone, pull exercises will generally work all the large muscles in your back whilst upperbody push exercises will generally work your chest. Generally speaking you should have an equal ratio between these two exercises or else a lot of people could get away with doing extra pull stuff for their back as their back may be weak and rounded.

There are plenty of variations to a dumbell row...so a quick google search should throw you up a lot of options. Otherwise I've found doing pullups or negative pullups off a door helpful..or inverted rows off a table if you have any heavy tables..once again..the google machine will help you with these

19/04/2015-Sunday
    Running back and forth in the garden (on grass) - 30 minutes
    (Running on grass is tough going):o

• Advertisement

22/04/2015 - Wednesday
    30 seconds exercise with 2 second break for 10 minutes
    Jump squats
    Push up with donkey kick and jump up
    Starfish Sit ups - touch ankles, touch toes and between legs
    Legs were killing me after this. My legs seemed to become tired quicker early during the workout which was odd too.

2 hours of martial arts

Advertisement