Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone Nano Sim, Can I Do It Myself?

• 15-01-2015 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

So I got an iPhone 5, I had an iPhone 4 and went to my local network shop but they have no nano sims.

Can I cut my own sim and do it myself?

If so how? And if I screw it up will my network carrier be able to give me a new sim with same number etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can cut it yourself, there are instructions online. And yes, you can destroy it by mistake.
    Your provider can give you a nano and move your number to it instead.
    Call in to a shop for your provider and ask for a nano, they should be able to give you one immediately. The changeover may take a day or so, usually faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I called into them. They won't have any till next week :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try others that deal with electronics.
    I got mine cut by a place that had a special "nano cutter" for 2 euro. Expensive but there you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

chops018 wrote: »
    I called into them. They won't have any till next week :eek:
    All the shops have cutters there. Pop into any shop and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

would not advise a cutter, get it stuck in there and you may invalidate your warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

The meteor shopped did it. They used a cutter.

would not advise a cutter, get it stuck in there and you may invalidate your warranty
    What are you on? It's a SIM card resize! Where does warranty come into play here?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

dodzy wrote: »
    What are you on? It's a SIM card resize! Where does warranty come into play here?

Was just thinking this!

But yeah even try a car phone warehouse. Most shops have the cutters and will do it free of charge no problem. Its like a hole puncher type device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

using a non standard sim inside the device is like sticking something in there that does not belong. if it gets stuck apple will not cover it.

using a non standard sim inside the device is like sticking something in there that does not belong. if it gets stuck apple will not cover it.
    If the cut SIM fits correctly inside the SIM tray, it'll be fine. Anyway, OP got sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement