Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British International Schools in Abu Dhabi?

• 15-01-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

I'm thinking about going over to Abu Dhabi to teach from this August or September 2015. I'm secondary trained (PGCE) with two years teaching experience from having worked in the Uk.

I have a few questions for those of you working in a British International Secondary School over in Abu Dhabi;

1). Having worked crazy hours in England (planning lessons, marking, the endless, endless report writing, admin work, ofsted and constant internal observations, etc, etc and then you were expected to do more and more which would mean working late nights and most weekends - which is sadly the general work situation for teachers in England. Should I expect the same level of work intensity working in a British International School in Abu Dhabi as I did in the UK??

2.) In terms of planning and resources (power points, etc, etc, do subject departments share resourses with their staff?

3). I can teach two subjects, what net salary per month could i expect to earn over there?

I'm looking for the perfect work/life balance and not having to work crazy hours. I would welcome any information and experiences from teachers who left Ireland to work in a British International Secondary School in Abu Dhabi??

Thanks everyone in advance!!
    MTAG

Advertisement