Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runtime Error '7': Out of memory

Options
  • 15-01-2015 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

I'm trying to install ChemBioDraw Ultra on my laptop (Windows 8). However whenever I try to install it an error message which reads "Runtime Error '7': Out of memory" comes up.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem and if so how do you fix it. Ideally without bunging about with the registries (did download a registry cleaner but it doesn't seem to help) or doing something far too technical.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

I'm trying to install ChemBioDraw Ultra on my laptop (Windows 8). However whenever I try to install it an error message which reads "Runtime Error '7': Out of memory" comes up.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem and if so how do you fix it. Ideally without bunging about with the registries (did download a registry cleaner but it doesn't seem to help) or doing something far too technical.

What laptop is it? Is it 64bit or 32bit Windows? And are there specific versions of the software for 32/64bit? I have a feeling it is something related to the amount of address space the software is trying to address....

Sounds strange however.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It could be a memory leak in the installation application causing the issue. Is this a CD that you are using? If it is go to Computer - >Right click CD drive -> Right click on the setup.exe file in the folder and choose Properties. Under the Compatibility tab Tick Run this program in compitability mode for Windows XP SP3. See if this helps

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Laptop is a Packard Bell (2.7 GHZ and 8 GB memory) and it uses 64bit Windows 8.1.

File is downloadable from the website. Probably should mention that I had to get the hard drive replaced two months ago.

Advertisement