Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD Card slot won't accept SD card - broken!

• 15-01-2015 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭

The SD card slot no longer clicks the SD card into place on my D80.

It happened when I was putting an SD card from my wife's camera into my D80. It turns out her SD card has a loose plastic separator in between the contacts (Sandisk Extreme) and it must have knocked out something in the mechanism.
    Needless to say I'm pretty píssed off right now.

Would this need to be sent off to Nikon to be repaired or can anyone suggest a place in Cork or Dublin who do repairs like this?

A quick google shows another person who had the exact same problem with his D80...and his missus was involved too :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

never mind got it sorted. Remove battery, a torch and a delicate fiddle around with a jewellery tweezers sorted it out.
    The offending plastic divider didn't actually fall out so fingers crossed it will be happy in its new home somewhere in the SD slot :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you want advice try posting it in the Hamster Clinic.

Advertisement