Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essay for Trinity Access Program.

Options
  • 15-01-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm in my last year of secondary school and my guidance counsellor gave us the option to apply for the Trinity Access Program (TAP). I really want to do Computer Science or something in the Medical field at Trinity. But, the requirements for TAP requires you to compose an essay of about a refill page (or two), on why you want to go to Trinity College.

This may sound stupid, but, even though I really want to go Trinity I'm not sure what I can say that would fill a refill pad.

Please help me anybody, the closing date is 7th of February :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

avgeek777 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm in my last year of secondary school and my guidance counsellor gave us the option to apply for the Trinity Access Program (TAP). I really want to do Computer Science or something in the Medical field at Trinity. But, the requirements for TAP requires you to compose an essay of about a refill page (or two), on why you want to go to Trinity College.

This may sound stupid, but, even though I really want to go Trinity I'm not sure what I can say that would fill a refill pad.

Please help me anybody, the closing date is 7th of February :(

Hey,

TCD is one of the best Universities in the country. They want to see your passion come through in a small essay. A refill page is not a lot in fairness. Talk about why you want to apply for those courses in particular, mayle look into the modules on offer as part of those undergrad courses etc. Talk about TCD being part of your journey to the career you want etc. I'm sure something along those lines would suffice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Advertisement