Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop PC game return

Options
  • 16-01-2015 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I bought a PC game today in Gamestop and I've decided I'd rather have the game in its Xbox version. I haven't opened the packaging on the game at all, so it's exactly how I got it in-store.

I want to check that they will take this product back since it's in its original state? Do any of you have experience?

Thanks so much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Usually have a no returns policy on pc games, at least they used to. but if you're familiar with the staff you should give it a shot. considering youre looking for the same game on xbox and that its sealed they might do the exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yeahscience

Usually have a no returns policy on pc games, at least they used to. but if you're familiar with the staff you should give it a shot. considering youre looking for the same game on xbox and that its sealed they might do the exchange

Thanks so much for replying. I'll give that a shot tomorrow!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I reckon if you tell them you wanna swap it for the Xbox equivalent and pay whatever difference, a smart/clever member of staff should hook you up, but it's up to them.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If it's still in the plastic wrapper and you are looking an exchange I don't see you having a problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, if it's still in the packaging, they should be ok about it. No chance if it's been opened though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

They usually say about the system specs and we can't take it back but I've heard a few members of staff saying but as long as it's not taken out of it's wrapper we will be able to exchange it.

You should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yeahscience

Thanks so much to you all for replying. I was worried that they wouldn't take it back. I brought it back this morning and they were fine about it since it was still in the packaging. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Shouldn't be a problem if it's unopened, general issue is due to the CD-Key that comes with PC Games.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a problem if it's unopened, general issue is due to the CD-Key that comes with PC Games.

I've lost track of the number of times I've picked up a PC game in GameStop and opened it to find the Steam key sticker just left inside.

Advertisement