Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festivals for first time

Options
  • 16-01-2015 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I am considering going to a festival (anywhere in the UK) this year if I can get people to go with me. The only festivals I've been to are Belsonic and T Vital. I'm into the mainstream music e.g. foo fighters, muse, coldplay etc. If I were to start at a smaller festival what would you recommend e.g. Latitude?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

eldest200 wrote: »
    I am considering going to a festival (anywhere in the UK) this year if I can get people to go with me. The only festivals I've been to are Belsonic and T Vital. I'm into the mainstream music e.g. foo fighters, muse, coldplay etc. If I were to start at a smaller festival what would you recommend e.g. Latitude?

Not trying to dismiss you or anything but I wouldn't class either Belsonic or T Vital as festivals even though they might be billed that way they are more stopoff concert dates for bands on an actual festival run.

There are no rules to starting off smaller festivals tend not to be able to budget for the kind of acts you describe. Depends what you're willing to pay really I personally choose my festival off the strength of the line-up or more acts at a particular one that I've never seen before etc.

Other people would be loyal to a particular festival and buy tickets regardless of the line-up, others might make their choice such as the reputation of a festival had appealed to them.

Although I'm going to a UK fest this year myself ya don't necessarily have to limit yerself to the UK for instance Rock Werchter in Belgium has both Foos and Muse headlining, Top drawer reputation and ya can use the euro although this usually sells out Marchish I think

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

I would go to reading it would be my type of festival I just thought of the smaller ones to have the festival experience. I would go to rock werchter but don't have the money

Advertisement