Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Online Games Do You Miss Playing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Rainbow 6: black arrow 2
    On the first xbox.
    Loved it, my first online game. We had so many of us that we would have to set up 2 or 3 games and then swap around, it was the goto game for all of us, ah the good old days of free maps packs!!
    Think it was the 2nd most played game on live after halo at the time!

If they remade it as a arcade dl I know loads of my mates would buy it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

half life mutliplayer mods. There was a ton of them. some of the top ones already mentioned. Don't think ill ever be able to put in as many hours like i did but dam i had great times. To be a care free teenager all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MOHAA before the hax
    Bf2
    Bf42
    Swat4
    Raven Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Really missing Gears of War right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Left 4 Dead

I think the best online game I've ever played. Had a crew of 4-6 friends who would just play it every night and never got bored of it. For some reason, we never got into L4D 2.

Dunno how I forgot this. I use to love playing this too, when it first came out a loads of boardsies would play. Put over 1k hours into L4D2 I'd say, met some great friends through that game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

Day of defeat 1.3

Darkest Hour

Hidden & Dangerous 2 co op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I was a latecomer to online gaming and MW2 was the first online experience I had and I'd dearly love if someone took on the job of running the servers and patching it if it was possible.

Red Alert 1 aka Heavy Tank Wars

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Halo Reach. I know it's still there but most of my friends have moved on. Used to be between 4 and eight of us playing online regularly. Had some hilarious moments too, either from what was happening in game to what we were talking about. Now they only play when they feel nostalgic.

I still play from time to time but it's usually with a load of randomers and the community has become quite abusive. Something about playing with friends was what made the experience more enjoyable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Call of duty world at war!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

without a doubt quake 2 ah the years of my life spent playing that back when there was a full Irish clan scene, all the duels, games of team deathmatch and capture the flag.

would love to get back into a game like that again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Half life, moved onto CS, from there onto TF2. Most time spen in RTS world, RTS was huge. C&C, starcraft, ect.. Never got into CS GO, but set it up in work with about 6 people an some bots.

There is one thing that is certain, LAN party is way better than online play, LAN party with online trolling... best thing you can do. Holding the doors open in TF2 so your own team gets destroyed.

I don't miss any game in particular, just got older, less time on games are more time on the kids. Now I am introducing my son to the classics. He has realised like kids always do, GAMEPLAY>Graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Timesplitters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Tac-Ops ( Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror ) , it's where I started playing online games , made friends from all over Europe , some who came over to stay for long weekends . Went over to England for big lans, played it until around 2007 and am still friends with some of them to this day, a few of us still meet up on Team-Speak most nights to play BF or COH .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Gears of War Horde here also and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 was great craic online.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Used to play a hell of a lot of skate 2 online. Usually clicked with a few random people during each session and would play for a good few hours with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Red Alert 1&2, oh the suns up. That was fast.

Duke Nukem 3d, silly multi fun.

Operation Flashpoint, make your own levels with mates and play them. Great craic.

Left for Dead, the bridge, three tanks *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Infantry Online: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_%28video_game%29
    Old school top down shooter. Would probably still be going strong today if SOE hadn't destroyed it.

GTAIV Cops and Crooks

:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Having been an avid MMORPG player since the early days of it... I rather miss:

-- Legend of Mir
    -- Myth of Soma
    -- Mu Online
    -- Ragnarok Online
    -- Space Cowboy // Ace Online

Also loved the days of playing Diablo 2, and StarCraft... awesome games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Red Alert 1&2, oh the suns up. That was fast.

Duke Nukem 3d, silly multi fun.

Operation Flashpoint, make your own levels with mates and play them. Great craic.

Left for Dead, the bridge, three tanks *shudders*

There is an open source, new resolution version of Red Alert 1 which you can play online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Cormac... wrote: »
    There is an open source, new resolution version of Red Alert 1 which you can play online.

I wish to subscribe to your news letter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

City of Heroes. I left it a few times but I always came crawling back like a stripper to her ex-con junkie biker boyfriend.

Also there was a merciless mmo with awful graphics and a player defined environment, not to mention big bastard spiders and bears. Worm? Wurm? Wirm? Something like that. It was like minecraft with chess pieces for players. Played it for a while with lads from the Lionhead boards before the console kids ruined the place. Took 45 minutes of running through spider infested woods to get from the starting point to their settlement, and if the beasties got you you started again. Built a town, got chased by a lot of bears, good times

• Registered Users Posts: 17,547 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas. A GTA mod by the MTA team which was just a racing game with custom maps. For a racing game, it was so goddamn chaotic. Some races started 1000ft in the air on a floating road with loop-the-loops. Go through a checkpoint and then your car suddenly turns into a plane. Could play for 5 minutes or 5 hours at a time.

CoD 2 on some german server. They modded it to add sprinting and tripwires, which weren't in the original and games were usually 32v32. I got so good at it that I was constantly accused of cheating. It slowly started taking over my life so I had to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

CoD 2 on some german server. They modded it to add sprinting and tripwires, which weren't in the original and games were usually 32v32. I got so good at it that I was constantly accused of cheating. It slowly started taking over my life so I had to stop.

Wasn't there a very good cod 2 mod , German front or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I wish to subscribe to your news letter

http://www.openra.net

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Cs 1.6 don't think their has been a more addictive game !

Always trying too improve would play clan matchs all night,

Would go back in a heart beat if there still wss a community

• Registered Users Posts: 17,547 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

jonski wrote: »
    Wasn't there a very good cod 2 mod , German front or something ?

I never knew what it was called. It was downloaded automatically and all the server info was in German. Whatever it was, it was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Gears of War 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

CS 1.6 over the college LAN
    COD 3 probably the most fun online game ever pure carnage

• Advertisement
Advertisement