Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expanse (Amazon) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Tenger wrote: »
    Date announced was Feb 8th. Assumption was that it would be later this evening. But Ive seen online (Expanse facebook group) that ppl in Sweden, France, UK and Germany had access at from 11pm last night.

Can confirm that, I've access now through Prime (Austria/Germany account)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I have season 3 available now on prime in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I have season 3 available now on prime in Ireland

Season 3 is there now for me but it still says not available in my location. :confused:

Season 3 is free to watch if I could while if I want to watch Season 1 or 2 I have to buy them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

All three seasons available for me..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Trying on ipad Prime Video app and looking at websites of amazon.com and amazon.co.uk website.

Can see all 3 seasons (as well as 4K option) but am still getting "This title isnt available in your region"

May just have to wait till later and hope it changes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just checked my own PrimeVideo account, and all three seasons are there. I'm a bog-standard IE account (Irish address, Irish credit-card)

ixoy wrote: »
    All three seasons available for me..
    That's what I meant! :P

As an aside, I hope they promote season 4 a bit better. I had to search for it, type in the full name ("expanse" didn't pull it up on the app) and then it still wasn't listed visually by the show poster - I had to click on the word search suggestion "the expanse season 3"...

Tenger wrote: »
    Trying on ipad Prime Video app and looking at websites of amazon.com and amazon.co.uk website.

Can see all 3 seasons (as well as 4K option) but am still getting "This title isnt available in your region"

May just have to wait till later and hope it changes.
    Interesting - I'm not getting the 4k option on my app (Nvidia Shield TV); I do for all other 4k shows.

Got a response from amazon.

My address is Rep Of ireland but as I originally signed up to amazon.com rathe than .co.uk, it thinks I am a US resident. (even with an Irish address and credit card!)

Solution is to change my '1click' settings and cancel my subscription and rejoin on .co.uk.

2. Second Resolution:

If you reside outside US permanently, I'd like to inform you that, we recently launched Amazon Prime Video worldwide, providing subscribers in over 200 countries and territories access to the popular new Amazon Original series The Grand Tour, plus award-winning Amazon Originals like The Man in the High Castle, Transparent, and Mozart in the Jungle, along with hundreds of Hollywood movies and TV shows.

To subscribe for PrimeVideo.com, you need to have billing address and preferred territory to Ireland. So, I would request you to update your 1-click settings to Ireland​ in-order to stream Prime Videos, Please visit the below link to update your payment methods:

https://www.amazon.com/1click

Also, to stream Prime Videos in your country, firstly you need to cancel the Prime subscription that you have on your Amazon.com account to stream videos in Ireland. So, I request you to cancel your prime membership and then visit the www.primevideo.com/signup to start a new subscription.

And simply sign in from the extreme right top corner with your account associated with Prime and you'll be able to access Prime videos.

However, if there is anything else, that I failed to address, please accept my sincere apologies and click on the link below to write to us, such that I will put in my every effort possible to provide you the best resolution at the earliest for you

That's weird - I don't have that problem and I signed up (from Ireland) with the .co.uk site back ages ago; now I'm living half the year in the US and I can still order using same account / email address from .com and I can watch prime in either location (without VPN or anything).

It's annoying that they'd basically tell you to open a new account.

• Advertisement

I travel to the US a lot so I originally signed up on .com in order to get shipping to the US. But I also ship to Ireland and an NI address.
    Its bloody annoying. Looking through all options and nowhere can I find a change location option even though a help page tells me that they is a one time option to do so.
    So Primevideo is now released globally but I still cant stream it!

https://www.primevideo.com/region/na/help/ref=atv_hp_nd_cnt?nodeId=202124910

How to Update Home Location
    Updating your Home Location can take up to 15 minutes. Once your Home Location has updated to a Prime Video eligible country, you gain access to the PrimeVideo.com website. Depending on your new Home Location, the titles displayed can change as well.

To update your Home location, log into PrimeVideo.com using your Amazon account details.

Existing Prime Member
    Customers with an active Prime subscription are prompted to select your Home Location from a list of countries. The list of countries shown is based on the countries from which your payment methods are issued. If you do not see your home country in the list, visit your local Amazon website to add a new payment method.

Non-Prime Member
    Customers who do not have an active Amazon Prime subscription are prompted to start a Prime Video subscription. You must select a payment method in order to start a subscription. You can set Your Home Location by selecting a country from the Your Country list on the Add/Edit Payments screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Every sci fi show has shot in that old quarry location at this stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Feels like too long since the last season; cannot wait for this. One of the best SciFi shows on telly. The book was a slightly different pace and setting to previous ones but still managed to keep the sense or increasing chaos.

Though Burn Gorman wasn't quite who I pictured as Murtry. I'm sure he'll do fine but I pictured someone older and more gnarled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Trailer looks great. I'm looking forward to this more then any other show, and any other show in a long time.

I wonder what difference, if any, being on Amazon will make. While in season 1 the language was toned down, Seasons 2 & 3 didn't hold back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

pixelburp wrote: »
    Feels like too long since the last season; cannot wait for this. One of the best SciFi shows on telly.
    I was reading SFX yesterday and I hadn't remembered how the 3rd season finale ended! There's a lot going on; GOT in space!

Gonna have to rewatch that finale again (like I did with season 2 finale).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a 5th season by Amazon.

Nice. Reading Nemesis Games at the minute, which would be approximately the 5th season assuming it's keeping to about one book a season. Spoiler, things don't get any better for folk lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

I just watched the Comic-Con clip, it amazes me just how right they get it with this show - there is so much care and attention put into the scenes. It's going to be a long wait until the December release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm a major fan of S1/S2 but never got around to watching S3, seem to be always waiting for the 'perfect' time.... and I even bought the official Blu-Ray as well just to support it, sitting unopened since I did.

Someday soon I'm going to draw the curtains, sit down at midday, crack into a few cans and binge the whole lot in one sitting.

I'm a major fan of S1/S2 but never got around to watching S3, seem to be always waiting for the 'perfect' time.... and I even bought the official Blu-Ray as well just to support it, sitting unopened since I did.

Someday soon I'm going to draw the curtains, sit down at midday, crack into a few cans and binge the whole lot in one sitting.

Best season so far imo

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Best season so far imo

Big time.

I thought the first two seasons suffered a bit by ending in the middle of a book if ya get me. Season 1 didn't really build up to anything and season 2 built up to a climax in the middle of the season and then fizzled out, rushing through the whole 4th book in the latter half of season three was badly needed.

They also seemed to ditch a lot of the clunky forced drama among the Roci's crew in season 2 which never sat well with me in the first two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Big time.

I thought the first two seasons suffered a bit by ending in the middle of a book if ya get me. Season 1 didn't really build up to anything and season 2 built up to a climax in the middle of the season and then fizzled out, rushing through the whole 4th book in the latter half of season three was badly needed.

They also seemed to ditch a lot of the clunky forced drama among the Roci's crew in season 2 which never sat well with me in the first two seasons.
    Season 1 created the foundations for major plot lines that will feature in future seasons. Anderson Dawes didn't feature in the first book yet had a big role in season 1 of the tv show - His lines of dialogue and actions foreshadow what has yet to happen in the show.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Talisman wrote: »
    Season 1 created the foundations for major plot lines that will feature in future seasons. Anderson Dawes didn't feature in the first book yet had a big role in season 1 of the tv show - His lines of dialogue and actions foreshadow what has yet to happen in the show.

Would still have been much better if they had just done the whole book imo, could still have laid all the groundwork. Dawes was in the first book I thought, Miller questions him about Julie at some stage I'm pretty sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I thought the first two were brilliant. If it ended at season 1, we would laud it as genius and be annoyed it never went further. Season 3 just went better, so it's existence makes the others look poorer, but only in comparison, they were both some of the best sci fi in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Been watching the entire series again this past week (up to episode four of season three currently). Season two didn't really sit well with me during its initial run, maybe it was the weekly breaks between episodes and the slightly short (to me) forty five minute episodes. I didn't rate it as highly as season one or three, which were superb, but watching it again straight through... it's so much better than I remembered it. Even with my original opinion of season two, I still thought the show was one of the best sci-fi shows in a long time. Now it's THE best and I can't wait for season four.

The Expanse is also an excellent example of well written female characters without trying to be forceful. Everyone is on an equal footing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Relikk wrote: »

The Expanse is also an excellent example of well written female characters without trying to be forceful. Everyone is on an equal footing.
    Very much so.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Halfway through S1, great show. Very reminisant of battlestar galactica...

Advertisement