Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expanse (Amazon) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

CramCycle wrote: »
    I really hope it is dropped as a binge watch, I can take a day of work and head in to "work" and watch it away from the family before christmas kicks off

Yeah their dropping the whole season on the 13th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yeah their dropping the whole season on the 13th.
    Hooray, kids didn't get sick this year so still have a load of holidays. Hooray. Might take the 16th of for a binge watch.

Damn I actually prefer being drip fed

Damn I actually prefer being drip fed
    So do I but I don't have time for it. if it was released in January, drip fed would be my choice. They will never make the right choice :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I / we will be taking our sweet time with this. Gotta savour the episodes one at a time. Lord knows we're lucky to be even getting a season 4; the internet does have its uses it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I'm Prob gonna binge it over 3 nights. My amazon account is US based. Gonna be there F or a week in mid December do will get through it then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Location scenes filmed in Toronto?

Shocked to learn this I am. Shocked. :D

Public Service Announcement that I believe Season 4 should be dropping onto Amazon on Friday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Will we, well UK :D, get it that day or just US?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

stesaurus wrote: »
    Will we, well UK :D, get it that day or just US?

It's a global release, and as far as I know Amazon generally releases at midnight GMT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

pixelburp wrote: »
    Public Service Announcement that I believe Season 4 should be dropping onto Amazon on Friday :D

I still haven't watched this. I've no idea why.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I still haven't watched this. I've no idea why.

Do it now, consider it an early Christmas present to yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Can't wait :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

pixelburp wrote: »
    I / we will be taking our sweet time with this. Gotta savour the episodes one at a time. Lord knows we're lucky to be even getting a season 4; the internet does have its uses it seems!
    Never mind the fact we're also getting a season five!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The Kevin Smith Recap episode is fantastic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Been plowing through a re-watch before Season 4 hits. Season 2 is a lot better than I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Reading the books at the moment in the run up to season 4, they are also fantastic

It's live on Amazon prime right now!

• Advertisement

For anyone interested, the whole series dropped; completely selfish, probably, but I'd ask folks to respect people who watch at different speeds & consider what you post in terms of spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Well the move to Amazon changed some things but I feel to the better.

Unfortunately I now need to go to work so I can’t spend more time with my favorite show right now but this evening will be fun.

So, I finally got around to watching this thing and burned through the first series. It's not bad, not bad at all, but the open ended nature of the ending I hope is going to be explained some what in S2.

There's one or two duff performances here an there and my god does that voice of the Iranian actress from 'House of Sand and Fog' make my skin crawl. But besides that, it's really well done. I liked the "Martians" and how the "Belters" live was really well handled. Jared Harris puts in another good shift too. The guy playing Holden is a bit weak though, but I kinda warmed up to him by episode 5.

Going to try an get through S2 on the weekend.

By all accounts season 1 is regarded as the weakest iteration, the show definitely finding its groove in the second and third runs. So if you enjoyed it enough to carry on you should find things ramp up nicely.

Oh, I'll definitely be following it up, as my old man used to say. It's one of the better Sci-Fi things I've seen in a long while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Season 1 is world building. Season 2 and 3 are deadly. Watched the first 2 episodes of the new season. It defo has more more being thrown at it and it's fecking deadly. Great to have it back.

Oh man this is so exciting am watching season 4 now.
    All my favourite characters Ahh
    And it's brilliant

Episode 1 and it's good to be back; do we know if Amazon threw a few sheckles at this, cos the various ship CGI looked top notch. Plus I really liked the switch to letterbox format for planetside scenes, really helped sell this sense of something different, alien. A simple but effective cinematic trick. Bit of a rush to get to the status quo, with barely a nod to the new characters so I imagine we'll see more backstory in the coming episodes.

If I had one quibble is ilus looking different to how I imagined in the book but that's hardly a deal-breaker; not like TV SciFi doesn't have a storied history of filming in quarries :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Just watched the first two episodes - I'm delighted they've added the novella and brought forward the Marcos Inaros storyline. The changes they've made from the book are really well done.

• Advertisement

i love wes chatham/amos

Advertisement