Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expanse (Amazon) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

Who was that woman Amos was talking to?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Who was that woman Amos was talking to?

It's Clarissa Mao, Julie's sister, she appeared in season 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

De Bhál wrote: »
    Great to have it back.

45mins flies by.

I know, it was a great episode, but when it ended I couldn't believe it had been 45 minutes already. I need more!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 3 and boom, there it is, what a way to end it. The only bum note throughout has been watching Alex's storyline; it's a bit dull anyway - though I wonder if it'll still lead towards
    Duerte and his Laconia bound coup
    - but knowing the actor has been sacked for his conduct gives the arc an extra sense of redundancy. He always was the least interesting crew member, one wonders what the show will do. Recast for one season, write out or kill off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Binged first 4 episodes of new season there. Wonderful stuff. Episode 4 in particular had loads going on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Episode 5 was very enjoyable if another more slow moving one.
    I am itching for some degree of getting the crew back together as it will help the story move along quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

German suplex!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Poor episode this evening. A lot of talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Was a slow episode this week, yes, but a few important things happened. I guess they had to slow it down because so much happened in the previous episodes but this season is so much more interesting than the last.
    Not sure what they are going to do with Mao woman.

Not sure I'd call that a poor episode. I'm lapping it up.

• Advertisement

Yeah, poor was a bit strong. Quieter than usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Need a deep breath after that one!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, episode 5 was scarcely poor IMO; checked in on all the cast, with each of their respective wheels turning an inch more. If I had a complaint it's that Marco just isn't a big enough toxic creep for my liking.

Can't recall the 5th book but I did wonder if we've now met Alex's replacement given the actor's public sacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Wow what an episode this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

That was a great episode. While I like the week by week release, this time I find myself itching for the next episode now :) A good sign I suppose!

I was sure naomi, Filip and Cyn had come together there to get rid of Marcos. Not so apparently.

Have I missed something, where's the protomolucule?

Good episode, very tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I was sure naomi, Filip and Cyn had come together there to get rid of Marcos. Not so apparently.

Have I missed something, where's the protomolucule?

Good episode, very tense.

It was on the Zmeya, they fired it off on a torpedo for parts unknown at the same time they launched all those torpedoes at The Roci.

It was on the Zmeya, they fired it off on a torpedo for parts unknown at the same time they launched all those torpedoes at The Roci.

OK, missed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

OK, missed that.

Also missed it

I love how the old belter guy completely understands why Naomi hit him over the head

• Advertisement

The old belter feels a smidge miscast: he just comes across too heavyset to be a belter that old. You'd imagine someone a bit more emaciated by a hard life in zero-G. Instead, he looks like he enjoyed life a bit too much. Heck in the low G, that gut shouldn't hang that far down anyway ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭amacca

pixelburp wrote: »
    If I had a complaint it's that Marco just isn't a big enough toxic creep for my liking.

I actually dont agree...He absolutely looks the part of a zealot or fanatic without having to act nearly imo.....theres something about the face and the wide eyed fanatical intensity that makes him a convincing terrorist leader...........

(Now I've not got around to reading Leviathan wakes etc so I don't know if he matches the character as written by Corey so you could have me there:pac: + if he really was truly ruthless psycopath he might have
    spaced tortured got rid of Naomi a lot quicker or deviously well before what eventually transpired

amacca wrote: »
    I actually dont agree...He absolutely looks the part of a zealot or fanatic without having to act nearly imo.....theres something about the face and the wide eyed fanatical intensity that makes him a convincing terrorist leader...........

(Now I've not got around to reading Leviathan wakes etc so I don't know if he matches the character as written by Corey so you could have me there:pac: + if he really was truly ruthless psycopath he might have
    spaced tortured got rid of Naomi a lot quicker or deviously well before what eventually transpired

I think it's cos the books allow for more internal monologue and depth, Marco's insidious nastiness comes across better than the TV show - so far. Haven't seen episode 6 yet so not totally current. Book Marco plays people off each other more from what I recall, really needles Naomi at every opportunity. Now, this is a quibble between something being a B+ and A, cos Imaros is still great and Season 5 has been the show back to its absolute best.

No episode this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,936 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

pixelburp wrote: »
    The old belter feels a smidge miscast: he just comes across too heavyset to be a belter that old. You'd imagine someone a bit more emaciated by a hard life in zero-G. Instead, he looks like he enjoyed life a bit too much. Heck in the low G, that gut shouldn't hang that far down anyway ;):D

The show didn't go with the tall skinny belters for casting and budget reasons and use the kinda punk look instead. Naomi should be towering above James but ya a fat belter was probably a step too far

Episode 6 and gotta love Amos when he skirts too close to the monster we know he could be. Again, the actor sells it so well in his eyes. They're all great TBH and it's only Holden whose bulletproof earnestness comes off false or lesser, giving the actor a thankless task sometimes. But that's just Holden, honest to a fault.

Interesting change with Drummer, looks like they're doing another merge of two characters from the books? Book 6 had
    a perspective from a ship captain whose crew was one big polygamist family; but that appears to have become Drummers ship instead
    . I've only just finished book 7 so that change rings more obvious given Drummer figures highly. And again, I really hope season 6 ain't the last, cos a 7th would be unreal. Savage stuff going on in the pages, that they're stopping at 6 is almost enraging.

No episode this week?

There was , I watched it on Prime this morning. Its called "Hard Vaacum"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,936 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

There was , I watched it on Prime this morning. Its called "Hard Vaacum"

I always thought it was Thursday till just now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

It's strange watching Drummer because she started off basically as Sam from Tycho then was given Bull's storyline in season three (All the more strange considering Bull is introduced in Season 6 anyway) and now she seems to be incorporating Michio Pa as well.

• Advertisement

It's strange watching Drummer because she started off basically as Sam from Tycho then was given Bull's storyline in season three (All the more strange considering Bull is introduced in Season 6 anyway) and now she seems to be incorporating Michio Pa as well.

There is a character called Michio in Drummers crew. Her name was mentioned in the scene they are all sniping at eachother around the dinner table .

Advertisement