Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companies in Sligo that do Saorview/Freesat combo installations?

Options
  • 16-01-2015 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

With UPC again hiking their prices we're looking towards ditching their TV service and going with free view options. Does anybody know any companies that do Saorview and UK Freesat installations with a combo reciever in Sligo? Any companies I've found on Google only service the Greater Dublin Area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Sat-planet opposite Dunnes Stores do installs, they have a shop in Adelaide street in the yard beside the small new car park, they have a website too so it will give you an idea for what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Thanks for that, will pop into them sometime in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

His prices and range of equipment are very good. It's unbelievable to see a place like that in sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Yeah thinking of getting rid of Sky myself. Is it still just a matter of ringing them to cancel subscription and hope they don't put you on to the mind control person who will offer you discounts galore?

They need 31 days’ notice, then they may offer free for 3 months. Also try a bit of emotional blackmail i.e how else in family watches
    Sky and consider their feelings... Then after 3 months they will reinstate you as customer and take direct debits.

You will then have to call them again (waiting ages) to vent anger, they will look into it and promise to personally get back. They don’t and take next month’s fees. You then get angry and call them again, same thing happens, but this time you cancel direct debit.

They then send debt collectors after you. So you call them again, this time its personal. They finally get point and remove you.
    Then you get one or two phone calls from debt collectors. You tell them where to go and read anything sky might have sent them. They read, apologise and put phone down.

In short, no it’s pretty clear cut really.......

Lesson: Dont say yes to any free offers...
    :0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

T-Bird wrote: »
    His prices and range of equipment are very good. It's unbelievable to see a place like that in sligo.

sat planet is awesome
    brilliant prices and really knowledgeable staff

i fitted my own system
    i got the big anti corrosive dish
    a double lnb an Ariel cable and connections and the a golden media hd box all for €200
    puugged a terabyte hard drive (€50) in the back and it records as well

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

What stations will you get and what's do you need to get set up and running ??

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

sligono1 wrote: »
    What stations will you get and what's do you need to get set up and running ??

You will get all the free to air on satellite, bbc, itv, channel 4, channel 5 etc, google free to air for a full list of channels and on saorview you get all the Irish channels. You will need to get a satellite dish and tv aerial installed, if you have a sky dish already that will do the job and if you are very lucky you could pick Saorview up on a bunny's ears.

Then you will need to decide on a receiver, maybe be a combination of which would include satellite and saorview. Most modern tv's have a saorview tuner built into so there mightn't be the need for a combo. When choosing your receiver you will have lots of choice from the basic generic box to a top of the range enigma 2 box. And the very best thing after you have everything set up, its all free no scandalous subs to Sky or Upc.

Sat Planet & Expert have boxes that will do both. Pretty sure that they are similarly priced at around €70ish.

Cable, LnB and dish can all be got from Sat Planet

Advertisement