Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Bundle

Options
  • 16-01-2015 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi

My UPC Horizon bundle is up and I am looking at alternative. I was going to look at Eircom bundle for Phone/Internet/TV

I was wondering. At the moment there is UPC point beside TV which is also where the router connects. On Eircom ia everything connect in via telephone line? 

Is it one box for TV etc or what is set up?

If seperate broadband router, what is the router?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi

My UPC Horizon bundle is up and I am looking at alternative. I was going to look at Eircom bundle for Phone/Internet/TV

I was wondering. At the moment there is UPC point beside TV which is also where the router connects. On Eircom ia everything connect in via telephone line?

Hi Big Nelly

The evision box and modem are separate. The modem connects to the phone socket and a separate set to box feeds from this.

eircoms efibre modem is called the Zyxel F1000.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi

Hi Big Nelly

The evision box and modem are separate. The modem connects to the phone socket and a separate set to box feeds from this.

Thanks
    Al
    Sorry above does not make sense. I understand the F1000 connects to the phone line. Does the evision box require a separate connection to the phone line?

Hi

Hi Big Nelly

Thanks
    Al
    Sorry above does not make sense. I understand the F1000 connects to the phone line. Does the evision box require a separate connection to the phone line?
    Hi Big Nelly

The evision box only requires connection to the F1000 but not the actual phone socket, this is arranged by the installation technician.

Thanks

Al

Hi

Hi Big Nelly

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Big Nelly

The evision box only requires connection to the F1000 but not the actual phone socket, this is arranged by the installation technician.

Thanks

Al
    Ahh ok, the issue is really the phone connection is in hall and tv in sitting room, dont really want to run loads of cables around the house, is there a solution to this problem? Thanks

Hi

Hi Big Nelly

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Big Nelly

Thanks

Al
    Ahh ok, the issue is really the phone connection is in hall and tv in sitting room, dont really want to run loads of cables around the house, is there a solution to this problem? Thanks
    Hi Big Nelly

I can confirm that the only option offered by the installation engineer to to connect via cables.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Quick one, looking at options as about to throw out UPC...with the installation will the team just use the telephone points already in the house? or do they have the option like UPC/SKY to install a new point? my TV is on outside wall at front of house, so with Sky/UPC they just drilled in and put point at front of house so I could run cables externally and not inside the house. Is this an option?

Do you have a video/demo of how the interface on TV box works?

Quick one, looking at options as about to throw out UPC...with the installation will the team just use the telephone points already in the house? or do they have the option like UPC/SKY to install a new point? my TV is on outside wall at front of house, so with Sky/UPC they just drilled in and put point at front of house so I could run cables externally and not inside the house. Is this an option?

Do you have a video/demo of how the interface on TV box works?
    Hi Big Nelly

The installation engineer will install your router and TV points up to 30 meters internally, I'm afraid external cabling will not be offered big Nelly

There's no specific video available but I have passed on feedback for operations to look in to this.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement