Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV License - Should Landlord give Tenant's details to TVLicense Records Office(TVLRO)

Options
  • 16-01-2015 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Landlord moves out, tennants move in. Apatment let with TV in situ. Lease makes reference to tenants responsibility to pay TV license. TV License lapses. TVLRO sends letter to Landlord looking for payment. Should Landlord

a) ignore
    b) contact TVLRO saying that they are no longer the resident
    c) b + give name of new tenant
    d) something else

(point being, will tenant be p!ssed that landlord has given their details to TVLRO)

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inform the TVLRo that they dont live there any more

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Middleage Fanclub

By 'they' I gather you mean the landlord (not the tenants). Has the Landlord any responsibility to tell the TVLRO that they own the property and/or they have the current residents details (name)?

LL "I've moved out"
    TVLRO "Do you own the property? Do you have the name of the new tenant?"
    LL "I'm saying nuffin, g'luck"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The LL shouldnt bother. The tenant should know they have to get a tv license like they have to pay for cable tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

I would mention it to the tenants that the Licence is up and you can remove your TV if they do not wish to or cannot afford to get a TV licence.
    I'm sure they will tell the Inspector they do not own the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Just tell the TV license people you don't live there anymore. Its not your job to tell them who togo after in your stead they can just send an inspector around and the tenants will hide behind the couch no problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement