Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hot prospects from outside the big clubs (worldwide)

• 16-01-2015 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭

a thread for up and coming young players who look to have the world at their feet.. include some info with your post , if they are at a big club but not known yet please include some info and footage if possible.. a big club would be one playing in European competition regulary from one of the big leagues (spain,germany,italy,england) we dont need arguments about which leagues are big,historicaly these are the big leagues ,and player be 21 yrs old or under .

ill start with Aleksandar Mitrović , 20 yr old striker playing for anderlecht , ill include some stats from wiki and a vid .. as a kinda template ...

feel free to add your own views but please keep any club rivalries out of this thread thanks.

the highest fee ever paid by anderlecht, 5 million for a 19yr old,im sure most have not heard of him as ive not seen his name flying around.
    although he has scored against arsenal.

2z7ncsl.jpg

hot prospect is in my opinion ..add your own

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Everyone has probably heard of Odegaard by now.
    The 15 year old Norweigan international. From what I've seen he looks to be a ridiculous talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

these are 2 of the biggest young names floating around every big club. when I seen the title I thought it'd be about unknown quantities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

RossieMan wrote: »
    these are 2 of the biggest young names floating around every big club. when I seen the title I thought it'd be about unknown quantities.
    In real terms, unless you follow things very closely, they're still very much unknown. How many people would have seen these guys play? Mitrovic in the Arsenal games perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mitrovics team mate Yuri Tielsman is a massive prospect to, there's a lot of great players coming out of the Belgian leagues.

Richario Zivkovic for Ajax will be another great player to come out of there, played very well for there second team and is starting to get brought into the first team.

Ante Coric is part of a massive bunch of eastern European youngsters that are really coming into the game this year, 17 years old and already in the first team for Zagreb. Youngest goalscorer in europa league history to.

Correa that signed for Atleti this season will he absolutely massive for them and for Argentina, they have some seriously talented young players, the best imo is Oliver Torres the chap is pure class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

ASOT wrote: »
    Mitrovics team mate Yuri Tielsman is a massive prospect to, there's a lot of great players coming out of the Belgian leagues.

Richario Zivkovic for Ajax will be another great player to come out of there, played very well for there second team and is starting to get brought into the first team.

Ante Coric is part of a massive bunch of eastern European youngsters that are really coming into the game this year, 17 years old and already in the first team for Zagreb. Youngest goalscorer in europa league history to.

Correa that signed for Atleti this season will he absolutely massive for them and for Argentina, they have some seriously talented young players, the best imo is Oliver Torres the chap is pure class.

Was bought from Groningen for 3 million 6 months ago so by no means he is coming from "there".
    Plus he is back to the Jong Ajax squad now Sightorson is fit again.
    Did score enough for Jong Ajax though so far
    Was to be expected playing in the Jupiler league after playing a full season for Groningen last season in the eredivisie ending up being their top goal scorer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is this the I'm more of a football cognoscenti than you thread ?

Is Fekir of Lyon too well-known? Lacazette is getting all the plaudits and rightly so but Fekir has just as much potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

can we just stop with the bickering and just post up your opinions of a prospect using the guidelines in op.. ya don't need to agree with every post .. .. its just to bring unknowns to the attention of us on boards who can't keep up with all the leagues.. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shocking lack of Freddy Adu, still only 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

We'll have to see if Correa's heart problem (diagnosed when he became an Atleti player) holds him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Paco Alcacer - 21 year old striker who plays for Valencia - capped by Spain at the tail end of 2014 - 3 goals in 5 games for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paco_Alc%C3%A1cer

Luciano Vietto - Another 21 year old striker who plays for Villarreal. Argentinian who joined them in 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Vietto

Shocking lack of Freddy Adu, still only 25.

Adu is a complete bust. Just released from a small Serbian Premier League team Jagodina - I think he played 1 game for them.

http://backpagefootball.com/freddy-adu-everything-nothing/89288/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Luciano Vietto - Another 21 year old striker who plays for Villarreal. Argentinian who joined them in 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Vietto

Posted this in the Liverpool thread:

Piece on Vietto.Young striker dubbed the next Aguero...

http://soccerlens.com/liverpool-must-everything-sign-luciano-vietto/160917/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

1 member is currently viewing this thread:
    Arsene_Wenger

inforfun wrote: »
    Was bought from Groningen for 3 million 6 months ago so by no means he is coming from "there".
    Plus he is back to the Jong Ajax squad now Sightorson is fit again.
    Did score enough for Jong Ajax though so far
    Was to be expected playing in the Jupiler league after playing a full season for Groningen last season in the eredivisie ending up being their top goal scorer

When I said from there I ment they would devlope home ala Suarez and a lot of there talent, he looks very very good though. If I had a choice I'd take I'd rather have Milik in my squad who will he a cracking player, Bayer really have a gem there when he goes back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

CSF wrote: »
    Everyone has probably heard of Odegaard by now.
    The 15 year old Norweigan international. From what I've seen he looks to be a ridiculous talent.

I read recently that Real Madrid have this guy more of less in the bag, as they flew him and his dad over and treated them like kings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

NIMAN wrote: »
    I read recently that Real Madrid have this guy more of less in the bag, as they flew him and his dad over and treated them like kings.

He'd be mad to sign for them, wouldn't get a proper chance in the first team for 4/5/6 years probably.

His career would be best served by going to Ajax, where he'd get some first team football and be able to progress as a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I agree that Madrid would be the wrong move, but I don't think its happening anytime soon. I'd say it would be more a pre-contract with maybe 5 yrs down the line in mind, see if he fulfills his potential.

brevity wrote: »
    Posted this in the Liverpool thread:

Piece on Vietto.Young striker dubbed the next Aguero...

http://soccerlens.com/liverpool-must-everything-sign-luciano-vietto/160917/

thats the post that gave me th idea for the thread, i watch la liga weekly and had not come across this lad .. either im not paying attention or he does not be on tv regular..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Might be a little bit off the point but Alexandre pato is rotting away in the brazillian league, had the world at his feet at one stage, could have been great. Still only 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Felipe Anderson at Lazio. He is 21 years old though so mightn't fully fit the criteria of the thread.

Admitatley Ive only watched him in one game this season but he looks to have serious potential although he is still a bit raw.

Another player who should play at the top of the game and will more than likely be very well know if not already is Domenico Berardi, very talented 20 year old. The Italian league have some great young talent playing there. Snapped up by Juventus last season but still at Sassuolo thanks to the Co-Ownership. Loves to score in big games 4 against Milan last & 3 against Fiorentina last season getting 16 in total and basically keeping them up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The best prospects imo

Italy

Coman
    Filipe Anderson
    Dybala

Spain

Jese Rodriguez
    Adama Traore
    Vietto
    Denis Suarez

France

Imbula
    Fekir
    Rabiot
    Martial

Germany

Meyer
    Son

I won't name any from PL as they already known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

My Fifa scouting ability tells me Yassine Benzia from Lyon will take over the world one day.

My Fifa scouting ability tells me Yassine Benzia from Lyon will take over the world one day.

He's ridiculously good on football manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Young kid for Basel - Breel-Donald Embolo. 17, scored in the CL this season for them and has a few goals in the Swiss league too. Everton were linked with him a while back, not sure if anything is coming from it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

MD1990 wrote: »
    The best prospects imo

Italy

Coman
    Filipe Anderson
    Dybala

Spain

Jese Rodriguez
    Adama Traore
    Vietto
    Denis Suarez

France

Imbula
    Fekir
    Rabiot
    Martial

Germany

Meyer
    Son

I won't name any from PL as they already known.

I'd definitely add Samper to that list, I can't see how he can't be a superstar.

Oliver Torres is a great shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Those young Belgians, Kompany and Vanden Borre, seem pretty decent.

jayzuz lads can ye not keep to a topic ffs...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

My young lad is pretty decent tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I thought this was supposed to be a worldwide thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Another player who should play at the top of the game and will more than likely be very well know if not already is Domenico Berardi, very talented 20 year old. The Italian league have some great young talent playing there. Snapped up by Juventus last season but still at Sassuolo thanks to the Co-Ownership. Loves to score in big games 4 against Milan last & 3 against Fiorentina last season getting 16 in total and basically keeping them up!
    becomes an absolute beast in FM, keeping Rooney and Van Persie out of the side.

Juve seem to have co-ownership of a huge amount of young prospects in Seire A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

**looks at career in FM in 2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

When I said from there I ment they would devlope home ala Suarez and a lot of there talent, he looks very very good though. If I had a choice I'd take I'd rather have Milik in my squad who will he a cracking player, Bayer really have a gem there when he goes back!

Ive been banging on about Milik for a few months now in the Liverpool threads, excellent prospect and I doubt he'll go back to Bayer. Ajax are rumoured to have an option to buy him outright this month for €2.5m....steal!

8-10 wrote: »
    Ive been banging on about Milik for a few months now in the Liverpool threads, excellent prospect and I doubt he'll go back to Bayer. Ajax are rumoured to have an option to buy him outright this month for €2.5m....steal!

Yeah iv seen a few of your posts, he's been banging them in for Poland to, was looking better than Big Rob in some of there games. €2.5m? If that's true that's an absolute steal then him for around €25/30 in the next 3/4 years I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah iv seen a few of your posts, he's been banging them in for Poland to, was looking better than Big Rob in some of there games. €2.5m? If that's true that's an absolute steal then him for around €25/30 in the next 3/4 years I'd say.

Recent history shows that Ajax don't get near that much for their stars, the likes of Eriksen and even Blind should have hit £20m at least really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Abdul Rahman Baba from Augsburg is developing into quite the fullback. Only 20 and was playing in the Ghanaian league until Fürth signed him in 2012.

He joined Augsburg in the summer to replace Matthias Ostrzolek who moved to Hamburg and has been disappointing for us...I wanted us to sign Baba :rolleyes:. Apparently the stat geeks have him ranked in the Buli top 10 players for this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anybody mention Will Hughes from Derby yet? Fantastic young player who is playing first team football since he was 16. He turns 20 in April and will be at a big club very soon I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Paulo Dybala is going to be the next big thing, brilliant little player.

Advertisement