Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education

Options
  • 16-01-2015 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone, just looking for some advice please.

I'm looking at returning to College in September. I'm 34 years old and employed on a part time basis in a job which I have held for 11 years.

I'm extremely nervous about approaching this subject with my OH as obviously, like every household in the country, money is tight. We have a mortgage and 3 young children and everything that goes along with that (financially I mean). My OH has always been extremely supportive about different night courses etc that I have attended however this is different, this will be a full time course for 3 years!

I am wondering if anyone could tell me about grants that I might be entitled to or anything else that I may be entitled to. I suppose what I'm most afraid of is that I will be leaving my job after all these years and going into the unknown however I absolutely cannot allow myself to continue in a job that I hate so much for the sake of money. It dominates every aspect of our lives and I don't want to look back in 10 or 20 years time and think what could have been or what I could have been. I want to provide a better life for my children, my husband and I.

Anyway, I would be incredibly grateful for any advice that any of you could give me. Thanks so much.

Comments

Advertisement