Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antartic Ice 100k

Options
  • 16-01-2015 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Congrats to the two Irish boys on taking 1st and 2nd place in this astonishing event!
    The first three finishers are
    1) Keith Whyte (IRL) - 9:26:02
    2) Kevin McGeeney (IRL) - 13:08:11
    3) Quincy Wong (IRL) - 16:06:25

Wind chill was at -25 at one stage towards the finish. Amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

That's some gap from 1st to 2nd. Fair dues to Keith.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

AKW wrote: »

Wind chill was at -25 at one stage towards the finish. Amazing.

they breed us clare men tough:)

seriously though, fair play to both of them, great achievement. what an event to even be able to tell people you completed, let alone won/came second!!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Toffeeboy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

That's an unbelieveably good time he set there. Looks like Keith is on the way back to his very best form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

He was on todayfm this morning, I am sure its there in the podcast, the show is 9-12

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Enduro wrote: »
    That's an unbelieveably good time he set there. Looks like Keith is on the way back to his very best form.

Sure is. http://keithwhyteultrarunning.blogspot.ie/2014/05/long-time-no-blog.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Kevin Whyte on Ireland AM this morning - pretty amazing from 30 cigarettes a day to running 100km

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anyone know the logistics of getting to the race etc..? I assume it is very expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anyone know the logistics of getting to the race etc..? I assume it is very expensive?

He described it on todayfm on thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

€11400 will get you there for next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

€11400 will get you there for next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Squeaker

I believe that the race entry fee is minimal,as in something like $10, the large amount of money involved covers the logistics of getting into the Antarctic and subsequent costs,so,in all fairness,it's probably cheaper than most races in Ireland..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Squeaker wrote: »
    I believe that the race entry fee is minimal,as in something like $10, the large amount of money involved covers the logistics of getting into the Antarctic and subsequent costs,so,in all fairness,it's probably cheaper than most races in Ireland..

very true. wonder if costs the antarticans the same amount when they come over here for the odd 5k/10k?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Toffeeboy

We are delighted to announce that the winner of the Antarctic 100km marathon Keith Whyte is taking time out of his busy schedule of tv and radio interviews on Saturday 31st January and will be the official starter of the inaugural Run Clare event. It's an honour to have such an inspirational athlete on board with us and we hope you all agree.

From THE RUN CLARE facebook page. 5k event in Ennis next weekend

Advertisement