Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer call out

Options
  • 16-01-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We placed an order or an Eircom internet/tv/phone bundle on 30th December and told that an engineer would be out on Wednesday 14th January. Communication from Eircom to this point was very good and they rang twice to confirm appointment.

The engineer called out on Wednesday anyway but needed to access a phone socket behind a chest of drawers that is built in to the wall and attempted to take out one of the drawers to access this but has actually now caused the drawer to get partially jammed with no chance of taking out the drawer now.

He said that until we can take out the drawer, they can't do anything. That night we managed to remove a lower drawer which actually has better access to this phone socket so we are ready for an engineer to call out again to finish the setup.

Now.....here lies our problem. The engineer said we cannot call Eircom looking for an appointment as they are outsourced. He said they will ring when they are almost outside the door but that isn't good enough as I work every weekday 9 to 5 and my girlfriend will be away 2-3 days a week so nobody will be home. 

If you could please somehow make contact with an engineer and get them to call out as soon as possible that would be great. We actually approached Eircom on twitter and they gave us an appointment of 29th January which we took just as a last resort but that will have been a month since we first placed our order.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Colemania wrote: »
    Hi,

We placed an order or an Eircom internet/tv/phone bundle on 30th December and told that an engineer would be out on Wednesday 14th January. Communication from Eircom to this point was very good and they rang twice to confirm appointment.

The engineer called out on Wednesday anyway but needed to access a phone socket behind a chest of drawers that is built in to the wall and attempted to take out one of the drawers to access this but has actually now caused the drawer to get partially jammed with no chance of taking out the drawer now.

He said that until we can take out the drawer, they can't do anything. That night we managed to remove a lower drawer which actually has better access to this phone socket so we are ready for an engineer to call out again to finish the setup.

Now.....here lies our problem. The engineer said we cannot call Eircom looking for an appointment as they are outsourced. He said they will ring when they are almost outside the door but that isn't good enough as I work every weekday 9 to 5 and my girlfriend will be away 2-3 days a week so nobody will be home. 

If you could please somehow make contact with an engineer and get them to call out as soon as possible that would be great. We actually approached Eircom on twitter and they gave us an appointment of 29th January which we took just as a last resort but that will have been a month since we first placed our order.

Thanks
    Hi Colemania

I'm sorry to hear of the complications with this. While I can confirm that Twitter team of the same team of the Reps here please PM me your account number and I'll look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hi Colemania

I'm sorry to hear of the complications with this. While I can confirm that Twitter team of the same team of the Reps here please PM me your account number and I'll look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Could you have a look at the PM I sent you last week please?

Regards

Hi Colemania

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Could you have a look at the PM I sent you last week please?

Regards
    Hi Colemania

I had requested an earlier installation date for you however operations have advised an earlier date will not be available due to the current list of works in schedule. I do apologise for the inconvenience this causes and I can confirm that the appointment will remain for the 29th of January.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Colemania

I had requested an earlier installation date for you however operations have advised an earlier date will not be available due to the current list of works in schedule. I do apologise for the inconvenience this causes and I can confirm that the appointment will remain for the 29th of January.

Thanks
    Al

Ok Al, that's unfortunate. What's happening with the 6 months discount then seeing as one month will have passed when the internet finally gets installed?

Hi Colemania

Thanks
    Al

Ok Al, that's unfortunate. What's happening with the 6 months discount then seeing as one month will have passed when the internet finally gets installed?
    Thanks for your understanding Colemania

The six month discount will only apply once the broadband is installed.

Al

• Advertisement

Al

Ok I'll keep this in mind in 6 months time if the discount has not been applied.

Al

Ok I'll keep this in mind in 6 months time if the discount has not been applied.
    No worries Colemania

Let me know if any further issues occur

AL

Hi Alan,

The engineer called out today anyway and everything is installed. Could you check what speed we are supposed to get on our line? I think we're only getting 25mb at the moment.

Also, is the 2 months free sky sports available for us as we placed our order before 31/12/14?

Regards

Hi Alan,

The engineer called out today anyway and everything is installed. Could you check what speed we are supposed to get on our line? I think we're only getting 25mb at the moment.

Also, is the 2 months free sky sports available for us as we placed our order before 31/12/14?

Regards
    Hi Colemania

Speeds do usually take time to hit their potential (roughly around 24 to 48 hours) it really should go to around 60Mb to 80Mb.

If the speeds are still down around 25Mb in the next few days it will be worth getting in touch with technical support on 1890260260 but it must be noted that if using the broadband by WIFI rather than connected in with a yellow Ethernet cable [font=Calibri","sans-serif]speeds can be affected by the distance of the router /modem to your the wireless wireless device in question (wifi laptop, Iphone, wireless printer, etc) and of course by the thickness of walls & Ceilings.[/font]

Discounts for additional packages such as sports are only applicable upon when signing up for the specific package itself, but other promotional timeframes may be available and to find out more please get in touch with sales via webchat: www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Regarding the speeds, we're getting different speeds with every device. 40mb with smartphones, 25mb on laptops and a massive 75mb on the ipad. Why is that?

Also I would like to make a complaint regarding the engineer that installed our broadband. As mentioned earlier, he jammed the drawer the first time he called out. Now I see that the phone socket is crooked and hanging off as he unscrewed it and didn't fix it back and he also removed a panel from the exterior of the house which leads to the phone cables in the bedroom phone socket and a neighbour found the panel on the pavement today which means he didn't put it back.

Very unsatisfactory from them and unprofessional to leave the panel and cables exposed.

Nothing we can do about it now I suppose...

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Regarding the speeds, we're getting different speeds with every device. 40mb with smartphones, 25mb on laptops and a massive 75mb on the ipad. Why is that?

Also I would like to make a complaint regarding the engineer that installed our broadband. As mentioned earlier, he jammed the drawer the first time he called out. Now I see that the phone socket is crooked and hanging off as he unscrewed it and didn't fix it back and he also removed a panel from the exterior of the house which leads to the phone cables in the bedroom phone socket and a neighbour found the panel on the pavement today which means he didn't put it back.

Very unsatisfactory from them and unprofessional to leave the panel and cables exposed.  

Nothing we can do about it now I suppose...

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Colemania

Speeds can vary on different devices for a number of reasons,

Speeds can slow if some programmes are running in the background, the distance from the router can affect speeds and even the thickness of walls and ceilings can create an impact. Running multiple devices off the wifi at the same time will also create slower speeds per device.

Ultimately Speeds are advised and provided of when connected by Ethernet Cable and not necessarily via WIFI.

I do apologies for the engineers performance colemania, should you wish to lodge an official complaint please contact eircoms accounts department on free phone 1901 or email your complaint to ccm@eircom.ie

Thanks
    AL[/font]

Advertisement