Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord Contacting You at Work

Options
  • 16-01-2015 11:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Question,

Would it be safe to assume that a landlord contacting you at your place of work when you haven't given them the contact information in the first place or permission to do so is a big no, no ???

I'm referring to calling via phone , sending a letter

Obviously, not looking to discuss details just some simple help with facts.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'm not sure why they would. It would obviously take more effort to get the tenant's work details and contact them that way than go the way as allowed originally.

I don't know if it's a big no-no. The tenant should just say to the landlord not to contact them at work and that should be the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Is the tenant responding via personal channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Volvoair

why don't you answer the number you gave him?
    he is perfectly entitled to ring you on any number, if you are behind in rent etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Would you have given your work details as a reference by any chance?

Unless it was quite urgent, I wouldn't find it acceptable for the landlord to contact you at work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 380 ✭✭macyard

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Would you have given your work details as a reference by any chance?

Unless it was quite urgent, I wouldn't find it acceptable for the landlord to contact you at work.

If no other contact method is being answered I guess it would be ok, there is nothing to stop him ringing, if it becomes harassment though eing the guards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Yea why wouldn't be allowed, it might piss you off but it would be a good way to let a problem tenant know to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anybody can ring you at work so why would a landlord be any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Anybody can ring you at work so why would a landlord be any different?
    Lenders cannot contact you at work, where is what the OP might be getting confused with, but a Landlord, in pursuant of a debt may (if that is the case here), as they are not subject to the Central Banks consumer code.

Advertisement