Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavender Farm

Options
  • 16-01-2015 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

My name is Peter, I'm a producer with Greeble Studio an Irish Animation and Film company based in Camden in London.

We're currently putting a short film into production which we plan to shoot in Offaly and we require a Lavender Farm / Field as a location for our shoot.

I was wondering if anybody knows of a lavender farm/field anywhere in the country and could possible give an approximation of when the crop would be in full bloom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Hi All,

My name is Peter, I'm a producer with Greeble Studio an Irish Animation and Film company based in Camden in London.

We're currently putting a short film into production which we plan to shoot in Offaly and we require a Lavender Farm / Field as a location for our shoot.

I was wondering if anybody knows of a lavender farm/field anywhere in the country and could possible give an approximation of when the crop would be in full bloom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks!

I didn't know that Lavender would grow in Offaly. I've only seen it grown commercially in Provence, Southern France.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Knew of an american lady down in Wex that grew it, can't remember her name for the life of me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Not Offaly, but alot nearer Dublin, there is one beside the N11 at the top of Kilmac, probably the wrong time of the year now though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

ganmo wrote: »
    Knew of an american lady down in Wex that grew it, can't remember her name for the life of me

There's a lavender farm just 1-2 miles from Inch in north Co.Wexford.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Not Offaly, but alot nearer Dublin, there is one beside the N11 at the top of Kilmac, probably the wrong time of the year now though.

Kilmac = Kilmacanogue on the N11 south of Dublin.

Lavender blooms for a long time through the summer and autumn. Google will likely give you the best time for filming, likely to be around the harvest time (autumn?).

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Peter_Greeble

Thanks lads.

We have made contact with the farm in Wexford. Appreciate the help.

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Advertisement