Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Raf32 wrote: »
    Vidal is world class but he is not the type of player we need imo

You don't turn down a player like him if they become available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Massive upgrade on any of our central midfield options

Massive upgrade on any of our central midfield options

Yeah completely agree, among the best in the world atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Id rather spend the money we would spend on him (30 million?) on an area of need like a striker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

greendom wrote: »
    BBC & Setanta; bit of an all day thing on the Beeb too.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32801726

All dayer?

:-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So lads who's watching on tv3 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

efb wrote: »

Thought you'd still be celebrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

efb wrote: »

They can fûck right off. I actually don't mind the guy who does the match commentary but two guys in the studio are awful. They look really uncomfortable the lighting is awful. Just brutal and cheap

Thought you'd still be celebrating.

my head is still fuzzy! :o

jonny666 wrote: »
    They can fûck right off. I actually don't mind the guy who does the match commentary but two guys in the studio are awful. They look really uncomfortable the lighting is awful. Just brutal and cheap

Commentary guy doesn't know who's who! Was calling Ramsey Wilshere was UCL match I watched on TV3 :rolleyes::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's funny because they are white. If it was gibbs and Chamberlain again there would be complaints. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

I think you have to play in form players...
    too often Wenger has stuck with players who were going thru an obvious dip.

Giroud to keep the bench warm.
    Go all out pace in the attack, Walcott and Sanchez to terrorize Vlaar in the Villa defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

26 years ago today. Still remember watching News at 10 with Adams lifting the trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

keano_afc wrote: »

26 years ago today. Still remember watching News at 10 with Adams lifting the trophy.

I'll never tire of watching that. Fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'll never tire of watching that. Fantastic!

Its so good.
    Also even more epic considering how good liverpool were at the time. If you'd have told me that the next season would be the last title they'd ever win I'd call you a madman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

The unfortunate case that I will be in London this weekend but most likely I won't be able to watch the cup final at all. :( (unless I can convince my two friends -both women with zero interest in football- who I haven't seen in ages, to come with me to a pub for a couple of hours).

On another note: I booked a ticket for the emirates cup. 46 pounds for a bloody friendly :eek: - at least, I think I can sit and watch both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

It's gas watching the Goalkeeper's "warm up" at the start of that video. Young lad kicking balls at him, every so often sauntering into the goal to get someone else's ball and throwing it out. We've come along way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

keano_afc wrote: »

My favourite match of all time.
    Anyone see the wee Arsenal hater, Ronnie Whelan, accosting the linesman after the first goal?
    He's still very sour over that defeat ..... thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

Irish Aris wrote: »
    The unfortunate case that I will be in London this weekend but most likely I won't be able to watch the cup final at all. :( (unless I can convince my two friends -both women with zero interest in football- who I haven't seen in ages, to come with me to a pub for a couple of hours).

On another note: I booked a ticket for the emirates cup. 46 pounds for a bloody friendly :eek: - at least, I think I can sit and watch both games.

why would this remotely be an issue??

Just tell them you have time before and after and they are more than welcome to join you during.

ronjo wrote: »
    why would this remotely be an issue??

Just tell them you have time before and after and they are more than welcome to join you during.

yes, I guess it can work that way.
    In fairness to them, they travel all the way from Greece to see me, so we kind of agree to spend the whole weekend together, booked a hotel together and all.

I am sure they won't mind, I'll propose it anyway and take it from there.

Not that I will complain if we win it. There might be a parade like last year and all!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

yes, I guess it can work that way.
    In fairness to them, they travel all the way from Greece to see me, so we kind of agree to spend the whole weekend together, booked a hotel together and all.

I am sure they won't mind, I'll propose it anyway and take it from there.

Not that I will complain if we win it. There might be a parade like last year and all!! :D
    Both? Traveling from Greece? Booked a hotel together.

I hope it is what it sounds like then it may just be acceptable to miss the cup final but you messed up your time. Anything less than that though and your crazy man

Both? Traveling from Greece? Booked a hotel together.

I hope it is what it sounds like then it may just be acceptable to miss the cup final but you messed up your time. Anything less than that though and your crazy man

hahahahaha!!!!!!
    Ehm, well, no, it isn't what it sounds like!!!! Not that kind of friends!!
    And anyway, I am playing for the same team as efb. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Alright, I was bored and thought about ex players, one heck of a team?

Fabianski

Sagna Vermaelen Toure Clichy

Nasri Song Fabregas Gervinho

Adebayor RVP

5star02707 wrote: »

Fabianski

Adebayor RVP

I do an Arsenal FF team every year.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/60232/event-history/38/

Once they played for us at any level, they're allowed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

5star02707 wrote: »

Fabianski

Adebayor RVP

On current form, I think you could make a case for not having any of them in the current XI. With the exception maybe of Fabianski. For the current Arsenal team, I genuinely believe Santi and Ozil are more suitable than Cesc. But I'd have him in there ahead of Ramsey or Jack (at the moment).

I'm a big Giroud fan but if Arsenal added Benzema (and it's a possibility, even if it's a remote one!), and Schneiderlin, that would be a title-winning team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Feel bad for this woman. Fans need to be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Anyone think that this time next year we'll be on our way to getting Klopp or Ancelotti.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Khedira is off to Juventus. Vidal is obviously coming here, there can be no other possibility!

Anyone going to the mercantile for the final on Saturday

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Anyone think that this time next year we'll be on our way to getting Klopp or Ancelotti.

Possibly. I think carlo is taking a year off. He's got an operation on his back coming up. He'd definitely be a candidate to replace the legendary AW. I've a feeling though that klopp will replace guardiola at bayern and we'll make a play for him. I've read that he's wenger and gazidis preferred successor

Khedira is off to Juventus. Vidal is obviously coming here, there can be no other possibility!

Or that could mean pogba is off somewhere

Or that could mean pogba is off somewhere

Khedira replaces Pirlo.

Pogba and Vidal go nowhere.

Juve are the royalty of Italian football. They're very proud of being a big club and are absolutely not a selling club.

When they get one of the best midfielders in the world, they don't flog them. they add more.

Additionally, players do not leave clubs like Juve - multiple titles, Cl final .. for Arsenal. Maybe they leave for Madrid or Barca but not us.

Only in the English media do the best midfielders for the top clubs in Italy long for clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Juve are a massive club but they cant pay wages and fees like the English clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Possibly. I think carlo is taking a year off. He's got an operation on his back coming up. He'd definitely be a candidate to replace the legendary AW. I've a feeling though that klopp will replace guardiola at bayern and we'll make a play for him. I've read that he's wenger and gazidis preferred successor

Id rather Klopp or Carlo over Pep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Nope...No one goes on more about contracts and honouring them....Wenger will see his through until 2017 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Khedira replaces Pirlo.

Pogba and Vidal go nowhere.

Juve are the royalty of Italian football. They're very proud of being a big club and are absolutely not a selling club.

When they get one of the best midfielders in the world, they don't flog them. they add more.

Additionally, players do not leave clubs like Juve - multiple titles, Cl final .. for Arsenal. Maybe they leave for Madrid or Barca but not us.

Only in the English media do the best midfielders for the top clubs in Italy long for clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal.

Tbh mate I'm a little insulted that you paired us with them :pac: but agree with you that I can't see Vidal or Pogba going anywhere. League champions and possible European champions, why would they sell to anyone?

hahahahaha!!!!!!
    Ehm, well, no, it isn't what it sounds like!!!! Not that kind of friends!!
    And anyway, I am playing for the same team as efb. . .

NIGS

efb can now marry Giroud. Congrats!

Would that it were...

Madame Olivier Giroud... c'est bonne!

Tbh mate I'm a little insulted that you paired us with them :pac: but agree with you that I can't see Vidal or Pogba going anywhere. League champions and possible European champions, why would they sell to anyone?

That was the article. We agreed terms and snatched him from Liverpool or something.

I totally agree with your point though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wenger has two years left and won't leave before the contract is up unless things go very wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

shano_88 wrote: »
    Juve are a massive club but they cant pay wages and fees like the English clubs.

This is it.

That's the great leveller we have going for us; £££.

Who'd have thought we'd have bought one of Real Madrid's or Barcelona's star men (albeit it suited them to sell)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Anyone going to the mercantile for the final on Saturday

Yep, I'm heading in. Was a great day (minus the first 5 minutes of the match) last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Wenger on Vidal. "Yes, I like Vidal. Are we in transfer mode? I say no."

from this mornings presser

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wawaman wrote: »

Done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'd be more likely to believe it if he said he didn't who he is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'd be more likely to believe it if he said he didn't who he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

What does Scnheidierlinn offer going forward? Is he a proper box to box midfielder or is defence the main part of his game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

TEAM NEWS: "Welbeck will not be fit for @Arsenal or England. That's the only injury." #WeAreArsenal

More on Welbeck: "I was confident that he would be available but his bone bruising was not healed

Wenger: "@MatDebuchy and @Alex_OxChambo are available. Short on competition but they are available." #WeAreArsenal

Boss: "Villa are a good side and a strong team. They had a great semi-final and are strong opponents." #WeAreArsenal

Wenger on @theowalcott: "He's shown he is back in good form. I played him up front because I believe he can do it."

Boss: "He proved he can do it and in the future @theowalcott will be a central striker." #WeAreArsenal

Wenger: "We have a better stability than we had before and there's a good basis to go on from there. Our balance is better.

Boss on Sherwood: "He has done well to lift their confidence. They are positive so he has done a very good job."

Wenger: "Last year there was more demand for a win, but we have our own demands inside the group and high expectations.

Boss: "The results in the Premier League will not decide the performance on the day. We have to get it right on the day.

Wenger on @Alexis_Sanchez: "He is very positive and is a fighter. He's liked by everybody here."

Need a gif of him looking smug as **** before I start to dream.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guess there'll be no new striker coming so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement