Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Whose that to the left of Welbeck?

Diaby. Just seen it on MOTD now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Delighted that we have retained the cup. The whole team played well but my god villa were just awful. I expected a tight game but that was as one sided a final as you'll see. And admittedly I haven't seen much of him but I really don't get ye hype of Grealish. Thought he was particularly inept today. Anyway enough about them, great to have another trophy and I'm so pleased for wenger. Great moment with him and the fans at the end. Hopefully we get the additions we all want and kick on.

In other news, sky sports are saying vieira is talks with Newcastle about the managers job. Best of luck there Patrick 😟

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Congrats on the win lads.

Anyone have any idea on Vieira and if he'd be ready to manage at a club like Newcastle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Demonique

350549.jpg

Delighted that we have retained the cup. The whole team played well but my god villa were just awful. I expected a tight game but that was as one sided a final as you'll see. And admittedly I haven't seen much of him but I really don't get ye hype of Grealish. Thought he was particularly inept today. Anyway enough about them, great to have another trophy and I'm so pleased for wenger. Great moment with him and the fans at the end. Hopefully we get the additions we all want and kick on.

In other news, sky sports are saying vieira is talks with Newcastle about the managers job. Best of luck there Patrick 😟

Vieira will probably pay lip service to it and sound them out for money if for anything for leverage with his current contract but for him to think he can go in and change the culture of that club is as naive as Figo thinking he could win a fifa election. Newcastle are almost a microcosm of FIFA and all that is wrong with modern day football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Must be hours since we won a feckin trophy.
    Not good enough

Got to watch the match! What a game! What a result!

Bring on Chelsea in the community shield!

Finally a good personal grudge match of a community shield!

More exclamation marks!!!

Wooooo!

Park the bus?
    We'll blow the bloody doors off!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Must be hours since we won a feckin trophy.
    Not good enough

It's been four and a half long hours at this point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Got to watch the match! What a game! What a result!

Bring on Chelsea in the community shield!

Finally a good personal grudge match of a community shield!

More exclamation marks!!!

Wooooo!

BEEEEERRRSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PARADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST REMEMBER TO NOT MOD THE XBOX FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cough. :D

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    Park the bus?
    We'll blow the bloody doors off!

Thats the spirit efb! :D

CatInABox wrote: »

Like Father Jack in the Christmas episode, 'Award award award award.....trophy, trophy, trophy!' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Roller coaster of a year,, we had ups and downs, we finished strongly

On this forum I had some barneys with some of ye, and I got some yellow cards for what I said

But no hard feelings and I look forward to doing all again next season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

So feckin happy!
    COYG

Thats the spirit efb! :D

I'm unfcuking stoppable now! We'll do the treble next year

And I'll kop off with Giroud after :D

@OutforaCorner: Ozil owned Aston Villa. He has so much time on the ball, he doesn't have a number on his shirt, he has the pause symbol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Only in from celebrating now, couldn't be happier

Arsene Wenger what a man, what a classy victory, Never gave villa a chance. Some goal by alexis, what a first season he had for us and hopefully there's many many more to come.

Absolutely chuffed, another piece of silverware in the bag, another trophy to add to Wengers legacy. What a day to be a gooner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

congradulations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

it's almost as though as soon as the financial restrictions placed on Arsène were lifted we became competitive again.

Weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

that was fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Oh sweet Jesus the humanity! My head is fecked, bloody Brazilian Rum but at least I am still smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

Right who are we signing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

zp_549243831_SM_6267_EFFA28829EC548DE4DB71EC5ECE4ACA5_447.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah lads, that was unreal! I was stuck on a flight across the Atlantic while the match was on so missed it live. But kept my phone on flight mode and managed to avoid the scores until I got to the hostel.

I found a website which streams the full match and just as I started watching the match I saw in the corner of my eye that there were options for a stream link of the first half, second half ...and extra time/penalties! You can imagine how stressful it is starting to watch a match thinking in your head that it is inevitably going to penalties but not knowing who wins so I was absolutely bricking it for the first 30 minutes before my girlfriend noticed that it said extra time/penalties 'if any'!

My god was that a load off my mind and I knew when Walcott scored that we were on to a winner. What a fantastic performance from the lads and what a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

watching Sky build up to the parade.. someone get a grip on Jack, by the look of him he never went to bed... maybe hes drinking himself sober.. .. hes going to fall off that bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Still smiling today. It could take a while to knock it off!!!

The smile I mean!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

emmetlego wrote: »
    Still smiling today. It could take a while to knock it off!!!

The smile I mean!

That's be all the drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131273502@N02/sets/72157653743138122

Pics from the Mercantile
    Amazing atmosphere, totally crammed with fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Look how good we/Ozil were with a pacey forward upfront yesterday. I really hope we try to get one over the summer or Theo develops into one over this upcoming preseason

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Look how good we/Ozil were with a pacey forward upfront yesterday. I really hope we try to get one over the summer or Theo develops into one over this upcoming preseason

Ozil was out of this world yesterday, we always looked on another level to Villa yesterday with him in midfield sending through balls straight to Walcott.

Fair play to Shay Given who was the only man in that villa team that looked like he gave a fúck about it being a final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Yup felt bad for Given with Villa fans blaming him for some of the goals. He was quality yesterday and tbh without him we could have got 6 or 7 which would not have flattered us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

Who actually got Man of the match?

It was Ozil for me but so many good performances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

ronjo wrote: »
    Who actually got Man of the match?

It was Ozil for me but so many good performances

Cazorla got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Le Coq for me

Really hope theo signs an extension, and if he's looking for a rise I say give it to him, I know it was only 2 games but he's shown us what hes capable of when hes fit, and we'd be absolutely thick to sell him on.

Wenger said he plans to use theo as a striker in the future so I take that as a hint that he has no plans to sell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Delighted with the game yesterday but I couldn't watch the bloody thing!

A mate came down to the pub about an hour before kickoff in pieces as his bird broke up with him. Spent 4/5 hours chatting to him. I only saw the goals after they went in as the crowd would start celebrating but then Id have to go back down to him.

I didn't see any of it ffs, snappin'.

4-0 what a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Best performance I think we've seen from Ozil in an Arsenal shirt yesterday. Absolutely stunning, particularly in the first half. Some people have suggested maybe himself and a couple of others benefit from having a pacy striker in front of them, I think this might very well be true. Coquelin as well was superb. I've been quite skeptical of his long term capability to make that position his but maybe he is genuinely going to hold it down.

And of course, a moment for THAT goal. Wow! What a signing Alexis has been, we are truly lucky to have a player like him at our club. I'm off now to watch his goal another 100 times.

Who says ozil doesn't turn up for the big games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

And of course, a moment for THAT goal. Wow! What a signing Alexis has been, we are truly lucky to have a player like him at our club. I'm off now to watch his goal another 100 times.

Yep its the type of goal you need to watch with a pack of Kleenex handy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Yaaaaa Gunners Yaaa!

Ozil was immense aswell as pretty much the whole team. Great performance and brilliant to have defended the cup. Premier League next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Ok so a few media outlets are running with how wilshere leads fans in expletive laden chant against spurs. Probably sensationalized as usual. I know it's just "banter" ( hate that word) but his isn't the first time he's done it and another sign that he just doesn't learn from mistakes and is too stupid to think things through. Before people start saying he's a young lad who's probably langers talking ****e ( done that many times myself) he Shoukd really have some cop on at this stage

I don't think JW is the sharpest crayon in the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

efb wrote: »
    I don't think JW is the sharpest crayon in the box

Maybe, but he's OUR blunt crayon!

:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Ok so a few media outlets are running with how wilshere leads fans in expletive laden chant against spurs. Probably sensationalized as usual. I know it's just "banter" ( hate that word) but his isn't the first time he's done it and another sign that he just doesn't learn from mistakes and is too stupid to think things through. Before people start saying he's a young lad who's probably langers talking ****e ( done that many times myself) he Shoukd really have some cop on at this stage

Don't care...shows these guys are real. Call it 'banter' or whatever...but fact is he is celebrating and they deserve to. I hope Spurs players give it back twice as much (if they ever win something). We have this hyped up standard of people cos they on tv every week as if they are gods or different. They ain't. They come from somewhere so ya know what Jack...belt away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

That chant is and always will be a classic. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    Just the media looking for a story that isn't there.

Chant in question -

Legend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

He said the word shít. We should call the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He's songs were entirely accurate though.
    Tottenham are ****.
    And it happened again.

I've no problems with his lyrical content

• Advertisement

There is stuff you can say with your mates and stuff you can't say when you are a professional footballer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement