Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

1194195196197198200»

Comments

wonga77 wrote: »
    Are the days of a jersey lasting 2 seasons gone now?

Long long gone. Barring the exception in recent times of the home kit with the navy hoop on the sleeves and collar clubs normally change per season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

I sincerely hope the days of selling big name players for big bucks are in the past and I'd be very disheartened if we sold Jack to City.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we ever sell any of our big name players for real big bucks in the recent drought? By real big bucks I mean well over the market value. IMO we've been forced to sell below value consistantly due to various circumstances, ie. player wanting out, desperate* club finances, etc.

*desperate being the Emirates building process

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The new shirt is €80 on puma.com. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Cech for a couple seasons then marteniz to take over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

wonga77 wrote: »
    Are the days of a jersey lasting 2 seasons gone now?

It was part of the Puma deal afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

What about the away jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The new shirt is €80 on puma.com. Ouch.

Shirt prices have gone nuts.

€90 if you wanted to add name/number. Aliexpress, I love you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we ever sell any of our big name players for real big bucks in the recent drought? By real big bucks I mean well over the market value. IMO we've been forced to sell below value consistantly due to various circumstances, ie. player wanting out, desperate* club finances, etc.

*desperate being the Emirates building process

We probably could have got alot more for Cesc but for the restraints. Not so sure we could have demanded much more for Toure, Clichy or Adebayor at the time though or Hleb back in 2008. For Van Persie and Nasri we done well considering both were on the last year of their respective deals (or correct me if im wrong at least i think Nasri was).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

We probably could have got alot more for Cesc but for the restraints. Not so sure we could have demanded much more for Toure, Clichy or Adebayor at the time though or Hleb back in 2008. For Van Persie and Nasri we done well considering both were on the last year of their respective deals (or correct me if im wrong at least i think Nasri was).

Should have got more for Henry, had an offer of 50 million pounds or so the season before we sold him, had a crap season with us then went to barca for something like 25 million euro, peanuts really for a world class striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Teams knew we were skint so our hands were tied on a lot of those deals. The Cesc one was particularly annoying, we should have got a lot more for him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RVP too, even with only a year left on his contract we should have gotten at least another ten million for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    RVP too, even with only a year left on his contract we should have gotten at least another ten million for him.
    We got 24 million quid for him, who goes for 35m in their last year? Toni Kroos went to Madrid for 25, and he was one of the stars of the World Cup just gone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Talk of Jenkinson going to Sunderland on loan doing the rounds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement