Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I think we give coq the Jersey until the summer then we go big in the summer

Let coq/new DM battle it out, arteta squad player and flamini can be let go

Also lads in bellerin we have some player what a talent he is he could make the RB slot his own (until he fcuks off bad to Barca)

Putting fans into boxes is stupid I think I no everyone feelings on the wenger debate, just cause I want wenger to stay doesn't mean I can be shoehorned into a group and called a wengerette

I can and have critised him and will again

I can and have argued with other posters and recieved cards for it, but the next day I could thank there post because I agree with what there posting weather that been a positive or negative post Bout wenger

You can cristise and want him to stay and praise and want him to go, you will hurt from a loss and enjoy a win no matter what your feelings are too

My only problem is after every loss he have to go or after every win he needs to stay that's stupid

We should debate the game on its merits and we can debate the big one in the summer

Anyway I'm off to work on a Monday morning after a big game, just buzzing

Been a while since this happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Life is good. Like the previous poster I missed the match live- too busy drinking lol but hopefully we can push on from from here and get into the top 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Delighted after the result. Such a relief! Now off to bed ��

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Hopefully we can use this result positively and keep the momentum going. A sustained run could see us move up the table as others have tricky fixtures coming up. Game against Spurs will be a marker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

There us an extra bonus when we win a match like that...

Football Weekly and Second Captains - and indeed most of the coverage this week - will all be much more fun than most weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I Reckon arsenal can finish second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

What a result yesterday, 3 points away to a top team and it wasn't the personal that won it, it was the tactics that won it, maybe Wenger is reading boards after all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What a result yesterday, 3 points away to a top team and it wasn't the personal that won it, it was the tactics that won it, maybe Wenger is reading boards after all :pac:

Wenger said he used the same tactics in the Liverpool away game. The players just didn't adhere to it as well as they did yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

greendom wrote: »
    Wenger said he used the same tactics in the Liverpool away game. The players just didn't adhere to it as well as they did yesterday.

Yeah he said we've been trying to do it all season. It didn't worked at the start because we were still getting used to it and by the time were getting the hang of it we started losing key players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

you also reckoned Joel Campbell was more deserved of a place in the starting 11 than S.Cazorla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    There us an extra bonus when we win a match like that...

Football Weekly and Second Captains - and indeed most of the coverage this week - will all be much more fun than most weeks.

Should be but i still reckon Ken Early will find some stick to beat us with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

wawaman wrote: »
    Should be but i still reckon Ken Early will find some stick to beat us with

Yeah watching on Sky yesterday and the commentators were just dying for ye to mess up. Strange.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'm normally slightly optimistic against the big teams and we never win, this time I've no faith in arsenal doing which can only mean one thing ;)
    Still a loss

2 nil Arsenal win.

Fair Play to this guy.
    Jaafa wrote: »
    Yeah he said we've been trying to do it all season. It didn't worked at the start because we were still getting used to it and by the time were getting the hang of it we started losing key players.

Looked brand new to me, completely different shape and mentality than what we've seen all season, whether they tried it before or not it worked yesterday and hopefully we do it again against the bigger teams or find a good balance, the same tactic won't work for every match obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pffft! Where's your ambition? We should beat everyone now. Just need Chelsea to slip up a bit, then the title's ours!

(Joking! Relax! :-D )

(Although I do believe at full strength we have the players to beat anybody, as long as they all turn up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

While I enjoyed and delighted in Coq's display yesterday it is far too soon to decide if he's the right man for the job of DM. He nearly got sent off for a rash challenge previously too remember.
    However if he continues to give displays like yesterday's and grows into the role then it's a no-brainer. Delighted for him.
    However keep the feet on the ground lads.

He's got all the right attributes for me, once he stops giving the ball away with every 2nd pass he makes I think he'll be fine until the end of the season, but realistically he'll never last here, just a stop gap.

While I enjoyed and delighted in Coq's display yesterday it is far too soon to decide if he's the right man for the job of DM. He nearly got sent off for a rash challenge previously too remember.
    However if he continues to give displays like yesterday's and grows into the role then it's a no-brainer. Delighted for him.

his passing has been a bit suspect, but his stats yesterday were excellent

87% successful passing rate (33/38)
    1 successful take on
    2/2 successful tackles
    88% aerial challenges (7/8)
    6 successful interceptions
    11 clearances

1 successful take on
    2/2 successful tackles
    11 clearances

You couldn't ask for much more from your DM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

He does. He goes by the name efb :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

1 successful take on
    2/2 successful tackles
    11 clearances

I agree with calls for him to be given the chance until season end. Wenger knows himself the player is on a high and playing on adrenaline right now, a bit like Flamini when he first signed (or when his contracts are expiring).

I like most will judge him when the hype has died down and playing week in week out becomes the norm for him. Thats when we will really see what he is made of.

There have been plenty of players in the past that have had nothing to note career wise until mid 20s and then went on to deliver at the highest level so it is possible, but the greater % dont.

The lad has earned the right now to hold the jersey lets see how it plays out!

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    He does. He goes by the name efb :pac:

Mr Wenger is not gay and overweight tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Soups123 wrote: »
    I agree with calls for him to be given the chance until season end. Wenger knows himself the player is on a high and playing on adrenaline right now, a bit like Flamini when he first signed (or when his contracts are expiring).

I like most will judge him when the hype has died down and playing week in week out becomes the norm for him. Thats when we will really see what he is made of.

There have been plenty of players in the past that have had nothing to note career wise until mid 20s and then went on to deliver at the highest level so it is possible, but the greater % dont.

Song was crap too when he joined us initially but then a loan move to Charlton worked wonders for him and he isn't doing too badly now...may be we should send all are fringe guys on loan to Charlton...:D

I love a strong performance from coq

Santi was my MOTM

Transfer News

ARSENAL EYE €20M LIGA STAR

There have been plenty of reports linking Villarreal defender Gabriel Paulista with Arsenal this morning.

The player himself has said: "Whether I go to Arsenal or stay at Villarreal, I won't lose my head."

Sky sources say though that the La Liga outfit will only sell in January if a rival suitor meets the €20m euro buyout clause in his contract.

Other sources, however, claim that no deal is imminent, while Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has said that signing a defender is a "priority" in this month's transfer window. (SkySports)

WATER CARRIER NEARS GUNNERS SWITCH

There is likely to soon be a development on Arsenal's pursuit of Legia Warsaw holding midfielder Krystian Bielik, with the north London club set to make an official announcement confirming the player's arrival at the Emirates later today.

The youngster had his Gunners medical on Friday.

(SkySports)

Gabriel Paulista? Never heard of him... Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

What about Santi yesterday.

OMG. Just a cut above everything else. Rivals Sanchez for performance of the season so far!

Just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Gabriel Paulista? Never heard of him... Anyone?

Never seen him play, but have heard him linked with ManU and Chelsea before. If they're interested I know that doesn't confirm, nor deny his quality….

I have to say, and I gave him a lot of stick before and I will hold my hands up but I think Monreal has been phenomenal lately! Fair play to the lad!

• Advertisement

byrneg28 wrote: »
    I have to say, and I gave him a lot of stick before and I will hold my hands up but I think Monreal has been phenomenal lately! Fair play to the lad!

Snap, Never rated him at all, a few in here swore by him and he's looked pretty good lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Monreal > Gibbs

Raf32 wrote: »
    Monreal > Gibbs

-.- He's surprised me lately with good performances but I'd still take gibbs for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Raf32 wrote: »
    Monreal > Gibbs
    On Monreal's current form I'd hesitantly agree. Consistency is the key though and it remains to be see if Nacho has it. If he can keep it up he'll be phenomenal for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

As long as Coq shields the back 4, they will all look good, including Mert ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Commenting to subscribe. Only negative from yesterday for me was where has that performance been hiding the past two years when it mattered...

If we can put in a few more like that when required this could turn out to be an interesting season yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I actually like that in a player, not the rash bit but a hard tackler that doesnt shy away from things, we have plenty of fancy dans, Not saying coq is the answer but he has that bit of bite we're lacking

Soups123 wrote: »

He's still only young, an extended run and a performance like yesterday will give him confidence, thats when we see what he's capable of on a week to week basis
    Song was crap too when he joined us initially but then a loan move to Charlton worked wonders for him and he isn't doing too badly now...may be we should send all are fringe guys on loan to Charlton...:D

cough Frimpong cough :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

1 successful take on
    2/2 successful tackles
    11 clearances

The bonus with Coq is that he already knows how we play, knows the team members and has the experience of the English game.
    A continental player coming in would take awhile to get to grips with those matters.

wonga77 wrote: »
    I actually like that in a player, not the rash bit but a hard tackler that doesnt shy away from things, we have plenty of fancy dans, Not saying coq is the answer but he has that bit of bite we're lacking

He's still only young, an extended run and a performance like yesterday will give him confidence, thats when we see what he's capable of on a week to week basis

cough Frimpong cough :p

Was he sent to Charlton though?...he was feckin more involved with his dench ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

byrneg28 wrote: »
    you also reckoned Joel Campbell was more deserved of a place in the starting 11 than S.Cazorla

he was about a month ago. never gave he lad a chance while cazola has been with us for a few seasons and hasnt set the world on fire.

yesterday was his best performance in an arsenal shirt and it took him 2-3 years to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Yesterdays performance reminded Me of chelsea away

Thought we were very good in that game too until hazards moment of brilliance

• Advertisement

he was about a month ago. never gave he lad a chance while cazola has been with us for a few seasons and hasnt set the world on fire.

yesterday was his best performance in an arsenal shirt and it took him 2-3 years to see that.

Now in fairness Santi was the player of the season in his 1st year with us, OK last season he wasn't great and this season he has been slow of the blocks but he has been immense in the last two months.

Jaysus, just looked at the fixtures there, a 2 week break for most 1st teamers and a great chance to get Walcott,Ramsey,Giroud etc up to speed this Sunday as well as giving the young lads some good experience. Then a great looking month with us stomping spurs and a tasty match up vs Monaco.

No reason for us not to win every game in Feb, a draw against Spurs is acceptable if they play some good ball (doubtful). But yeah could move back into the top 4 by March and I'm really excited about Monaco, would be delighted with a convincing win.

Santi was like a box to box midfielder yesterday, plenty of tackling and tracking back combined with his incredible ball control. He has been on good form over the last couple of months, but yesterday he went into over-drive. I think he has caught whatever it is that Sanchez has:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Was he sent to Charlton though?...he was feckin more involved with his dench ****e

Yeah he was with Charlton for a while, I thought it was them who released him but it was actually Barnsley, playing in Russia now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Thought the whole team's performance was brilliant yesterday. Even the likes of Rosicky coming off the bench, and this bit of skill was mesmerising:

https://vine.co/v/OjIj9TLP9BA

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Thought the whole team's performance was brilliant yesterday. Even the likes of Rosicky coming off the bench, and this bit of skill was mesmerising:

Yes, thought he was driving into a blind ally there, how he spotted then executed that pass - sublime !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Rosicky's looked more like an eager 18 year old than a 34 year old since returning from injury. Hopefully he starts against Brighton at least. Fantastic player to have in the squad.

Roddy23 wrote: »

https://vine.co/v/OjIj9TLP9BA

:confused: You sound surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just 8 more years and biliek is gonna run the show for us

Seriously though great performance out of coquelin, totally honest never thought he would amount to anything but yesterday he showed he's capable, let's hope he can keep it up, and the people moaning about the bad tackle last week clearly don't remember Vieira lol

:confused: You sound surprised?

I agree with Bob!

Tomas is a little genius

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement