Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing LCL Shanghai-dublin

Options
  • 16-01-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    i was wondering if anyone could help me in getting a quote for 3 cubic meters from Shanghai, every Irish company i ring up don't want to deal with LCL or if your not from a company, I have been offered freight from my supplier but its too good to be true and have heard some terrible stories about letting your Chinese supplier deal with your freight. this is my first time importing and if anyone has anytips that would be great and any charges i should be expecting once it arrives, and can i drive into port and collect it or does it have to be delivered? any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Search the forum, this question is asked approximately every 24 minutes:

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=106&query=shipping+china

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Contact RUDOLF289 and he will be able to give you any advice or help you need.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=222187

• Registered Users Posts: 2 surephone

Thanks ill PM him now

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

surephone wrote: »
    Hi,
    i was wondering if anyone could help me in getting a quote for 3 cubic meters from Shanghai, every Irish company i ring up don't want to deal with LCL or if your not from a company, I have been offered freight from my supplier but its too good to be true and have heard some terrible stories about letting your Chinese supplier deal with your freight. this is my first time importing and if anyone has anytips that would be great and any charges i should be expecting once it arrives, and can i drive into port and collect it or does it have to be delivered? any advice greatly appreciated.

Hello Surephone,

thanks for your PM, have e-mailed you a response.

Just in case anybody else is contemplating importing bicycles from China (or Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Pakistan), the EU levies a 48.5% Anti Dumping duty on top of the regular duty of 14% (VAT is levied of the combined total of cost of the bicycles, freight, duty and ant-dumping duty).

There are some factories in the above countries that have exemptions from or reduced rates of anti-dumping duty, but you can count them on the fingers of one hand for each country.

Be sure to double check all aspects of any proposed importation (not just for bicycles) to make sure you have all the facts and figures before you place any orders.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement