Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap entry level tablet

Options
  • 16-01-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

My 10 year old is looking for a tablet. We have had the kurio and nabi but don't want to go down that road again. It will get basic use. I would be grateful for any advice on bargain options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Depends what you call cheap but the Tesco Hudl 2 is getting good reviews for the price, I think its £109 from Tesco Direct right now. There are Chinese tablets out there for €70-100 but unless you can find one you're sure has good reviews it might be better spending the extra few quid on a Hudl2.

Another option might be the Nexus 7, not sure of the price but around the €130 mark I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

This is a very grey area especially for retailers.

Kids rarely use tablets for what is considered basic use which is basic browsing and email.

Generally kids want to play games, bearing in mind cand crush will kill most of your sub €140 tablets its proba better idea to get the likes of an older nexus 7 or galaxy tab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    This is a very grey area especially for retailers.

Kids rarely use tablets for what is considered basic use which is basic browsing and email.

Generally kids want to play games, bearing in mind cand crush will kill most of your sub €140 tablets its proba better idea to get the likes of an older nexus 7 or galaxy tab

So true, parents have no idea a lot of the time. The stuff kids generally want to do (games) are often the most intense and require decent hardware to run properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Tesco have some good offers on tablets at the moment. I picked up a 10.1" go clever tablet last week for €50, I've been using it for general email, games and as an ereader and it's very good. They also has an acer iconica 7" tablet for €70, the same one is €100 in argos

Advertisement