Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Skinny Jeans Post

• 16-01-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys, long time reader of the fashion forms here, first time poster. I thought I had to post this though. is it worrying when your boyfriends jeans are skinnier than yours? My boyfriend recently bought a pair of black super spray on skinnies from topman and wow! they are tight! like leggings tight. I said he looks a bit silly in them but he likes them and wears them. what do you think of those jeans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TwoGuysDublin

Honestly, not good. I like slim fitting jeans. For me, skinny jeans are juvenile and might be commensurate with his age.

I feel they're too androgynous and emasculating and are not something I would wear personally. I recommend you get rid of them from his wardrobe if you intend on using him for reproductive purposes sometime down the line.

Those things put on pressure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Honestly, not good. I like slim fitting jeans. For me, skinny jeans are juvenile and might be commensurate with his age.

I feel they're too androgynous and emasculating and are not something I would wear personally. I recommend you get rid of them from his wardrobe if you intend on using him for reproductive purposes sometime down the line.

Those things put on pressure!!

Wow. If a guy had posted that about his girlfriend's choice of clothes he'd be give 5 lashes of the proverbial whip.

He should wear what ever he likes. He clearly likes the jeans. Do they embarrass you op? Honestly, the most juvenile thing on this whole thread is being so shallow that you'd suggest getting rid of his jeans cos they're not something you would wear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm not a fan of extremely skinny jeans on men. I don't think it's a good look. I do think it's an age thing though. My fiancé was MAD for skinny jeans until his late 20's (never spray-on though, thank god), and then he suddenly moved to slim and straight legged jeans.

That being said, if he likes them and wants to wear them, then there's not really much you can do except accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TwoGuysDublin

Wow. If a guy had posted that about his girlfriend's choice of clothes he'd be give 5 lashes of the proverbial whip.

He should wear what ever he likes. He clearly likes the jeans. Do they embarrass you op? Honestly, the most juvenile thing on this whole thread is being so shallow that you'd suggest getting rid of his jeans cos they're not something you would wear.

The last bit was obviously tongue-in-cheek. If the guys wants to wear them then let him, they're a pair of jeans at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I don't think you post on a "Fashion and Appearance" forum to expect the reply "wear what [you] want". That's the whole point of the forum!

But yes, I agree with TwoGuys. When he grows up he'll probably grow out of them anyway. :)

To be serious though, slim jeans are OK on a guy, and in some cases quite flattering. If he has thin legs though I always think the skinnies make guys look like they are walking around on sticks. And you have to have thin legs to wear them comfortably, which is why I never could. And they aren't that comfortable - they crush your you-know-whats.

• Advertisement

I don't think you post on a "Fashion and Appearance" forum to expect the reply "wear what [you] want". That's the whole point of the forum!

But yes, I agree with TwoGuys. When he grows up he'll probably grow out of them anyway. :)

To be serious though, slim jeans are OK on a guy, and in some cases quite flattering. If he has thin legs though I always think the skinnies make guys look like they are walking around on sticks. And you have to have thin legs to wear them comfortably, which is why I never could. And they aren't that comfortable - they crush your you-know-whats.

Did you read the op? HE didn't post at all! His girlfriend did. So he should absolutely wear what he wants. It doesn't sound as if he's asking anyone's opinion in the first place.

Yes but his girlfriend is asking the opinion. And people are here to give their opinion. Not just say "wear what you want".

He should wear what he wants, and probably will, but his partner / gf is on here to see what Boards people think of his choice.

Yes but his girlfriend is asking the opinion. And people are here to give their opinion. Not just say "wear what you want".

It's wear what HE wants and unless I'm mistaken, that also qualifies as an opinion.

It's wear what HE wants and unless I'm mistaken, that also qualifies as an opinion.

Not really. It wouldn't be much help if it was like this:

"What do you think of this shirt?"

"Wear what you want."

"Do you think black or brown shoes would be better here?"

"Wear what you want."

"What coat would work best with this ensemble?"

"Wear what you want."

:)

Not really. It wouldn't be much help if it was like this:

"What do you think of this shirt?"

"Wear what you want."

"Do you think black or brown shoes would be better here?"

"Wear what you want."

"What coat would work best with this ensemble?"

"Wear what you want."

:)

The actual point you are missing is that the person wearing the jeans is not asking for anyone's opinion ("help" as you put it) on them.

The OP asked if it's "worrying" if your bf's jeans are skinnier than yours, eh no, it wouldn't worry me. I have real life worries to be worrying about. So there's my opinion. I'd be worried if it was something I felt I needed random people on the internet to reassure me about. I'd prefer to have a boyfriend with a brain and taste of his own.

Have a nice day, I'm still in my pjs, feel free to wear whatever the hell you like today. It's no one's business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Regular skinny jeans wearer here. I need a belt even with 28" jeans when I can find them. Skinny jeans generally only suit those with a slimmer frame. I tried topmans super skinnies once. I found them unbelievably skinny, ridiculously so. I nearly had to cut myself out of them.

The actual point you are missing is that the person wearing the jeans is not asking for anyone's opinion ("help" as you put it) on them.

The OP asked if it's "worrying" if your bf's jeans are skinnier than yours, eh no, it wouldn't worry me. I have real life worries to be worrying about. So there's my opinion. I'd be worried if it was something I felt I needed random people on the internet to reassure me about. I'd prefer to have a boyfriend with a brain and taste of his own.

Have a nice day, I'm still in my pjs, feel free to wear whatever the hell you like today. It's no one's business.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Thanks for that, I'm sure the OP will find that particularly helpful. Very mature too.

Look, before the mods close this thread down for going pointlessly off course, let me just explain where I'm coming from with all this.

Here's an analogy: Guy goes on to the motoring forum. He posts "I'm thinking of buying a Mondeo, but then again I also like the Avensis. Which one should I get?"

If he got replies along the lines of "Get whichever one you like, its no one's business"; well that wouldn't be very helpful advice, would it? He's actively looking for people to give him advice and opinions on each car.

You talk about "random people on the internet"; well that's the very point of web forums like this. And there are countless forums about clothes, both male and female. If you have a question about clothes or what to wear, or are even looking for opinions on a particular style of clothing (which is what this thread is more or less about) then you very much *do* care what "random people on the internet" think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭izzyregan

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't think this would cause just a fuss. what I was really kind of asking what do you think of those super skinny jeans on guys? I know he can ''wear what he wants'' and he does.. I just don't happen to like it and was wondering what the general consensus was that's all.

I think most people probably don't really like the super skinny jeans - they've sort of become synonymous with the big-bearded hipster look - slim cut jeans are fine though.

I remember being surprised when the super skinnies came back in fashion as the last time I'd seen them worn was on "thrashers" in the late 80s! :)

Anthrax-ATL-Sleeve-Pic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not a huge fan - I think a slim or straight leg is a much more flattering cut on the vast majority of men. I can't imagine my OH in skinny jeans at all but he looks great in a straight leg style.

Advertisement