Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Braveheart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

Yes, I caught the last half hour. Looking forward to the next part. My 14th century history is hazy. Black Death springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Very interesting alright, when is the second part on ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

uch wrote: »
    Very interesting alright, when is the second part on ?

Same time next Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Enjoyed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

I thought it was good. Okay there was a little bit of fanciful commentary (like claiming England had an empire in the 1300's) but I've seen a lot worse.

The links between Ireland and Scotland are ancient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Hayda

I still have to get around to watching it, look's epic. Hopefully they make on on the Fitzgeralds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Really interesting, definitely worth a watch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's region blocked for me.. so could someone give me a synopsis of what it was about before I go to the bother of unlocking it? Is it about Edward Bruce, I hope so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I thought it was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

It's region blocked for me.. so could someone give me a synopsis of what it was about before I go to the bother of unlocking it? Is it about Edward Bruce, I hope so

Indeed though first half of it is heavily based on giving context to the Bruce's with regards to "Scottish wars of Independence", interesting point that Robert Bruce's letter to Irish kings probably dated to this period and was tied to arrival of two of his brothers (later executed by the english) to recruit Irish troops for use in Scotland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement