Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC4320

Options
  • 16-01-2015 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Just got a new siemens spc4320 installed and i have to say its a fabulous piece of kit.im very impressed with the app and how you can control all features of the zones,isolate,inhibit etc,arm ,disarm and the app itself is very intuitive and easy to use,best of all its free .its great that this model is around as for too long the market was taken up by a monopoly which is never good for the end user.competition is always a good thing :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

bazbrady wrote: »
    Just got a new siemens spc4320 installed and i have to say its a fabulous piece of kit.im very impressed with the app and how you can control all features of the zones,isolate,inhibit etc,arm ,disarm and the app itself is very intuitive and easy to use,best of all its free .its great that this model is around as for too long the market was taken up by a monopoly which is never good for the end user.competition is always a good thing :).

Is is wireless? is it being monitored 24/7?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

alwald wrote: »
    Is is wireless? is it being monitored 24/7?

It is a hybrid panel which means i can add wireless detectors aswell...all mine are wired..i monitor it myself by phone using the app and email notifications. You can have it monitored by a station if you wanted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

It is a hybrid panel which means i can add wireless detectors aswell...all mine are wired..i monitor it myself by phone using the app and email notifications. You can have it monitored by a station if you wanted...

did you install it yourself or was it installed by a security company?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's a great panel. The options with it are endless. I reckon there are some great updates to come from Vanderbilt Industries. A brand that invests in R and D makes all the difference.
    Now if only the wireless shocks would come..... ...

I had it installed by a reputable alarm installer,id have no problem installing it myself the only bit I would have had trouble with is connecting it to my router and ip address etc.not that straight forward with a crappy eircom router,so in the end I just got it installed by a company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What version of SPC have u on the panel.
    I had 3.45 and the app worked fine, upgraded panel tp 3.6 and now the key pad tells me SPC connect off line.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I had 3.45 and the app worked fine, upgraded panel tp 3.6 and now the key pad tells me SPC connect off line.

I have a new app spc connect and its version 1...the old app was spc anywhere which i think you may have..

V 1.0.0.#9 is whst I have undrr Connect.
    Thanks for replying.
    The documentation is different from what I see on the screen.
    I agree its a good rig.
    Did u get the comfort keypsds with fobs?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you upgrade to 3-6-0 you need to goto Communications> FlexC and make sure there is a configured ATS for SPC connect. If thats all in place goto File > Reset & system restart & see if the panel reconnects after that.

Thanks.
    Re
    File > Reset & system restart & see if the panel reconnects after that.
    As Elvis might say, no such number, no such code in what I see in SPC Pro File drop down.

Just looked at the documentation versions and
    the SPC Connect and SPC Pro are both 28/11/2014
    The SPC 43XX etc Configuration manual is 03/10/2013

• Advertisement

In FlexC is there a configured ATS for SPC connect.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

alwald wrote: »
    Is is wireless?

The system itself can have wired or wire free. They don't make there own shock sensors. A way around this is by adding a receiver and devices off other systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Thewitheredowl

KoolKid wrote: »
    In FlexC is there a configured ATS for SPC connect.?

Hi KoolKid

Just trying to connect a panel today to SPC Connect. I connected locally to the panel via ethernet cable and accessed it via IP address. I have created my SPC connect profile and when I go to try register the panel to my account it tells me that A panel with the Panel Registration ID could not be found.

I got the registration key from within the FlexC tab. What credentials should I be entering for Panel Username and Panel Password?

Or is there something else I need to do to resolve this?

Many thanks in advance

Is the panel connected to the internet?
    Goto status FlexC and see if it's connected?
    Are you using fixed IP or DHCP?
    User Name is a username assigned to your alarm code.
    Password is your alarm code. This can be changed later to an alphanumeric password later for extra security.

Is the panel connected to the internet?
    Goto status FlexC and see if it's connected?
    Are you using fixed IP or DHCP?
    User Name is a username assigned to your alarm code.
    Password is your alarm code. This can be changed later to an alphanumeric password later for extra security.

Thanks a lot for your reply, I got it going in the end, I connected the panel to a different port on my network switch and it came up no problem.

Thanks again

When you have SPC Connect up and running in Communications edit ATS and edit ATP and change connection to Cat 4 or Cat 5. It will give you a much faster notification on poll fails.

When you have SPC Connect up and running in Communications edit ATS and edit ATP and change connection to Cat 4 or Cat 5. It will give you a much faster notification on poll fails.

Thanks for the tip ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

any recommendations for installer in dublin (via PM is fine).?
    any approx price for this on a wired house?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

any recommendations for installer in dublin (via PM is fine).?
    any approx price for this on a wired house?

There's a list of installers in the sticky.

Hi again,

I think I'm having trouble with my user profile. When I do a full set and leave the house, when I return the keypad is asking me to present the fob and will not allow me to input my user code to turn the alarm off. Can you shed any light on this please?

My user profile is set to manager AND access

• Advertisement

In configuration >System Options Under PIN have you pace & PIN checked?
    If you have Manager profile assigned with all permissions checked there is no need for the access profile to be assigned to your user , remove it.

In configuration >System Options Under PIN have you pace & PIN checked?
    If you have Manager profile assigned with all permissions checked there is no need for the access profile to be assigned to your user , remove it.

I removed the access credential from my profile and it is working now. Thank you KoolKid

Advertisement