Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 - Buggy as hell?

Options
  • 16-01-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

So I'm having a lot of difficulty with my xbox recently, I had issues before with a profile having to be deleted entirely because supposedly it was set-up in the wrong region and stopped working, so the "tech support" told me I'd have to re-register a whole new profile for some reason as it stopped working, so I did that.

Now I'm having problems because my favourite game stopped working out of the blue, I played it one evening and it was fine, the next evening I tried to play it (without ever opening the disc tray or taking it out) and it said disc is unreadable and to clean it, so I did, but it now permanently gives that message when I try playing it (it loads as far as the intro screen and then gives message midway through), so I decided alright, I'll buy a newer version online, I looked at games in the "on-demand" part of xbox live, clicked the game, saw the price was reasonable, but didn't buy it there and then, decided I would today, but now when I try and click on any game in the "on demand" section, I get error status code 800700E8 "a problem with xbox service", I've looked online and the only solution I can find is disable family settings, but I don't have that turned on, and from reading online a lot of people had the problem but with no fix it seems.

Anyone else frustrated as hell with the amount of bugs with the xbox?

A while ago the disc drive burned up one of my games (burned in visible lines), this isn't to do with most recent error though as back of disc seems fine. Also I tried logging on to the marketplace on xbox website via my laptop to see if I could buy the game there and then download it on the xbox, but all the games prices are in $$$, but my profile region is Ireland and when I click on purchase it says "this deal is not available in your region", so I can't even buy it online..

Uggh, so many problems with xbox!!!

Does anyone know how I can purchase the game online? (even link if I'm being dumb - I'm trying to buy Fifa 13, 14 or 15 - doesn't really matter which one), I've given up on trying to "repair" the disc of the game, it doesn't seem damaged and it only says it for that games (Grand Theft Auto V works fine for example) and I did everything from the toothpaste tricks online, but I guess I'll just have to buy a new game....if only it would let me...

*sigh*

Thanks for reading, this is mostly a rant, but help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 des2015

On the market place change the -US in the url to -ie to switch to the Irish version of the site. Unfortunately there are many games not available in Ireland that are available in the US site. It is possible that EA don't allow the game to be sold in Ireland in digital format. Try to buy it through the xbox.

Circular scratches on the discs are normally caused by moving the console while it is spinning. If this happened slowly over time there might just be a slight wobble - check that there is nothing stuck beside the xbox causing the Xbox to shake. Try keeping the xbox flat instead of standing. If 2 disc have now stopped working you should really take a look at your setup. Never move your console with the disc inside.

Did you try installing the game?

Advertisement