Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 tingling.

Options
  • 16-01-2015 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

I have 3 usb plug chargers, all official Apple products. With 2 of them I get a small tingling feeling when I run my fingers over the back of the iPhone. This morning when I picked my phone up there was a little bit of water below my finger nail and I felt a small shock when it hit off the casing.

My house was recently rewired and certified, the contractor came out and tested everything and found nothing. I'm wondering if it's the Apple plug, one works fine the other two present the tingling. Could they have dummy earth pins? There are no issues charging my MacBook which has a metal casing.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This is not caused by the wiring in your home.
    These chargers are designed not have an earth connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

2011 wrote: »
    This is not caused by the wiring in your home.
    These chargers are designed not have an earth connection.

Any idea why I get the tingling sensation when I run my fingers on the iPhone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Mine is the same when plugged in, never thought too much about it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

MacAirbook13 is the same, it may be best not to charge things like this during a thunderstorm, barefoot near a window on damp ground.
    - Unless you're that fella in Eastern Europe {tv documentary about miracles} whom can cheerfully receive full bolts of lighting upon self, with no ill effects at all.

Advertisement