Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Priority Bicycles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Hmmm, a lot of questionable marketing claims there.
    Lightweight Aluminum Frame – Unlike conventional steel frames
    Conventional steel frames? I thought Al was the choice of all decent entry level bikes these days. Don't pretend that aluminium is cutting edge and then go with a steel fork.
    Belt Drive – Priority Bicycles do away with messy chains that ruin clothes. Our bikes are built with a belt drive usually only found on expensive, high-end performance bikes
    Expensive high end performance bikes have belt drives??
    Three Speeds – Most bikes today have either way too many gears, or are a single speed, neither of which is optimal for recreational riders. Our bikes feature an internal hub three-gear system.
    3 speeds are far from optimal for any sort of hilly terrain
    Easy Assembly - Priority bikes assemble in four easy steps that take approximately five minutes
    Don't bikes come assembled anymore?
    Simple Braking - Remember a foot brake from when you were a kid?
    Yep - and I remember not being able to brake properly when my feet were in the 12/6 positions and skidding because I had no front brake. **edit** I see that a front brake (essential IMO) and mudguards (also essential for the target market) are offered as extras.
    Super Comfy Saddle – Riding should be enjoyable, so your seat should never make you feel sore. Our saddle is extra soft to make sure you're always comfortable.
    Softness doesn't equal comfort.
    Puncture Resistant Tires – It’s the little details that make riding Priority easy. We’re not saying you’ll never get a flat, but those thorns and glass have to work a lot harder to ruin your ride.
    Don't they sell these everywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Interesting.

Belt drives are great in theory but the quality of implementation makes a massive difference, if it's bad it will be noisy and annoying. When you get a rear puncture you have to split the frame to get the wheel out, so you need to understand how easy this is.

Relying only on a rear hub coaster brake is likely to result in your swift death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I see the attraction of (almost) maintenance free riding, but the shortcomings are massive. I'd avoid OP, there's far better options closer to home. If you don't live in a particularly hilly area, perhaps you'd like a single speed?

Advertisement