Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question of quality chocolate

• 16-01-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I dunno how many of you have tried Aldi's Dairyfine chocolate, but that stuff is DA BOMB. It contains cocoa butter, unlike dairy milk.which contains shea and palm. It's also only €1 for 200g.

It tastes just like Thorntons in my opinion, with real cocoa butter, at a fraction of the price.

Is cocoa butter cheap? Is it a matter or "designer" type brands driving the price up? I know shea is becoming endangered but it's used with palm for a smoother glossier texture.

Opinions? Expertise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Maryd.

Is that the bar in the blue wrapper your talking about. That was my favourite choc bar for ages until I discovered Lidl's Bellarom milk chocolate bar 200g. It's a little bit dearer at €1.45 I think. It has lovely big squares and has cocoa butter in the ingredients.

I also love their Crusti Choc crisped cereal chocolate bar :)

Advertisement