Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 tingling when charging

• 16-01-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

Have a few official Apple charger plugs and one cheap one. When using some I get a tingling sensation, but on one in particular, nothing. I read that some Apple plugs have a dummy earth pin on the plug. So in effect my device isn't earthed. I opened one up to check and found this… I'm thinking this one might might be a cheap knock off but I get the same sensation on my new iPhone 6 charger and I don't want to open that up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

My Macbook tingles slightly when it's charging because of something to do with earthing (it came with a bigger plug but i didn't bother with it).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Happens to me also on the iPad Air, I researched it at the time as I thought something was wrong, its a common thing but nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I notice the same on my 5s. Mostly happens if I charge it from the laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Most chargers aren't earthed and use a floating earth.
    I had a dell laptop that used to do it, only a plastic earth pin on the charger, the metal palmrest would be tingly when plugged in.

Does the charger have a serial number inside the usb port? I've heard that's usually only on the genuine ones not the counterfeit.
    The soldering of those pins doesn't look great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

use the long lead that came with your mac and the tingling issue will be resolved, this only happens when the short plug is used as it does not have an earth pin unlike the long cable

with iPhones there is no earth pin so tingling may happen, usually well within EU tolerance levels

• Advertisement
Advertisement