Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro s of the PS4

Options
  • 16-01-2015 5:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

What are the good things about your ps4 what made you buy the PS4?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Pros: that my friends have it and I prefer the exclusives.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I don't have any friends :(

Exclusives, eg Uncharted. Promise of more Dark Souls - see Bloodborne. Febs a good month for the PS4.
    PS+

At the end of the day it's going to be personal to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mostly the exclusives and PS+. As well as that, I much preferred my PS3 over my 360, and pre-launch the PS4 just seemed like the better console. None of the exclusive features of the XB1 really appealed to me, in fact some put me off the console, plus it was €100 dearer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All I can say about it is it has potential because I can't really say anything good about it at the moment. It's currently gathering dust at my parents place and even when I'm there I find something better to play. Roll on Bloodbourne.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    All I can say about it is it has potential because I can't really say anything good about it at the moment. It's currently gathering dust at my parents place and even when I'm there I find something better to play. Roll on Bloodbourne.

Go on go get Shadow of Mordor, it might just surprise you...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Penn wrote: »
    Mostly the exclusives and PS+. As well as that, I much preferred my PS3 over my 360, and pre-launch the PS4 just seemed like the better console. None of the exclusive features of the XB1 really appealed to me, in fact some put me off the console, plus it was €100 dearer.

Yeah im leaning towards the ps4 now myself, watched a few reviews on the xbox there wasnt alot of positives on it :( which is disappointing since i loved the xbox 360

Taltos wrote: »
    Go on go get Shadow of Mordor, it might just surprise you...

Thats ment to be a great game, got good reviews bit on the pricy side im waiting for a steam deal to get it ! :P

Picked it up for 40 in extravision a while back - on sale...
    Don't forget the incoming Uncharted....

Picked it up for 40 in extravision a while back - on sale...
    Don't forget the incoming Uncharted....

fugg it im gettin the ps4! the urge to play fifa has become too much! lol any good january sales going for the ps4? checked game stop and xtravision they re all 399 for console and controller

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

TLoU in 1080p and 60fps and uncharted 4 this year

evo2000 wrote: »
    fugg it im gettin the ps4! the urge to play fifa has become too much! lol any good january sales going for the ps4? checked game stop and xtravision they re all 399 for console and controller

Argos are usually the best for ps4 offers, over the last few weeks they've had multiple deals for €329 and €349. Keep an eye on them over the next few days, particularly tomorrow as they're launching the new catalogue so may have a good offer on it

Use this to check stock of them in your area: http://www.checkargos.com

• Advertisement

Look at special offer 4 or 5 in Argos.
    They had some great deals on the run up to Christmas but even so...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm#tab3

Wolfenstein is also a brilliant game.

Look at special offer 4 or 5 in Argos.
    They had some great deals on the run up to Christmas but even so...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm#tab3

Wolfenstein is also a brilliant game.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2835792/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4.htm

Just lookin at this one seems good value

Brilliant - great game.
    If you haven't played the PS3 version you are in for a real treat...

Darkened room - headphones or surround sound...

I like how they all loaded slowly one by one then it skipped limerick cresant then at the very end bam out of stock! lol good thing you linked that or i would a had a nice drive for nothing into limerick lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Price was the main reason I got my ps4 because I hadn't intended on buying one, effectively got it for 305e after I traded in Cod.

Being able to change HDD, have 2tb in it now.

Bloodborne

Bigger community, there's nearly 2.5 times more people playing bf4 on the ps4 atm than on the Xbox one. Online games will live longer and easier to find server of your liking

I like the record button, not sure if the Xbox one has something similar but being to save your last 15 minutes gameplay at the touch of a button is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I bought it cos it was ridiculously cheap in Argos at the time with 3 games. I wasn't planning on getting one until Metal gear and Uncharted 4 came out. I love it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

superg wrote: »
    I bought it cos it was ridiculously cheap in Argos at the time with 3 games. I wasn't planning on getting one until Metal gear and Uncharted 4 came out. I love it though.

Same here. €399 for the console with The Last of Us remastered, Far Cry 4 and GTA V was too good to pass up.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Same here. €399 for the console with The Last of Us remastered, Far Cry 4 and GTA V was too good to pass up.

Yeah it was, I kept GTA and sold the other two so ended up with the console and GTA for €310. Bargain and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yeah it was, I kept GTA and sold the other two so ended up with the console and GTA for €310. Bargain and a half.

I was going to sell Far Cry 4 but it's actually a decent game. The Last of Us was one of the best games I've played in years.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I was going to sell Far Cry 4 but it's actually a decent game. The Last of Us was one of the best games I've played in years.

Yeah only reason I sold them was I have Far Cry on the PC and I played TLOU on PS3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

evo2000 wrote: »
    Thats ment to be a great game, got good reviews bit on the pricy side im waiting for a steam deal to get it ! :P

Part of my problem is I've a monster PC that can play these games better and they are cheaper. I'm waiting for the exclusives!

Also really did not like Shadows of Mordor. I don't like the combat in the arkham games and it's just that combat and not the other stuff I like in the batman games so it's a no there for me.

Part of my problem is I've a monster PC that can play these games better and they are cheaper. I'm waiting for the exclusives!

Also really did not like Shadows of Mordor. I don't like the combat in the arkham games and it's just that combat and not the other stuff I like in the batman games so it's a no there for me.

Ive a beast of a pc myself just want to get a console for fifa and to just pan out on the couch chillin :D

Ah but it's not as tight and thus as punishing or boring as combat in the Gotham games...

Besides that ego, there's still The Last of Us. Uncharted is incoming as are some more. As you've a Pc you probably already have Diablo3 but it's great fun, a nice diversion for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Ah but it's not as tight and thus as punishing or boring as combat in the Gotham games...

Besides that ego, there's still The Last of Us. Uncharted is incoming as are some more. As you've a Pc you probably already have Diablo3 but it's great fun, a nice diversion for a few days.

Well I played Last of Us on my PS3 already, although I'm on the look out for a PS4 version for cheap since my friend sold my copy with his PS3 before I could try the DLC.

Well I played Last of Us on my PS3 already, although I'm on the look out for a PS4 version for cheap since my friend sold my copy with his PS3 before I could try the DLC.

You can get it for <€20 on gamedealdaily but it's out of stock ATM I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

That is some deal alright.

Got it for €379 with LBP in the end. Sold LBP for €38 so I was happy with €341 for the console.

I mainly bought it for Dragon Age Inquisition. Managed to pick up the deluxe edition on donedeal for €43. Considered it on PS3 but the reviews were terrible. So I sold my PS3. I miss the customisation options the PS3 had though, little things like using your own photos for wallpaper and having music stored on it. Hopefully they'll add that stuff down the line.

And for GTAV too. New music, first person view, graphics, returning player bonus and some online missions with my brother made me fork out for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Almost bought an X-Box One because going by reviews there wasn't really much of a difference but realised that Sky Go wasn't being released for it. That swung it for me and picked up a PS4 instead.

Fairly happy with my choice so far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Almost bought an X-Box One because going by reviews there wasn't really much of a difference but realised that Sky Go wasn't being released for it. That swung it for me and picked up a PS4 instead.

Fairly happy with my choice so far!

Nice, didn't know that. Any word on when it'll be released?

Advertisement