Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro s of the PS4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

sin0city wrote: »
    Nice, didn't know that. Any word on when it'll be released?

It's out now. Was released in December I think. It's called 'TV from Sky'.

You need Sky Go Extra for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

- I'm used to PlayStation; I had a PSOne, PS2, PSP and currently have PS3, PSVita and of course, PS4. (Also had an Xperia PLAY if that counts)
    - I prefer the controller.
    - Not that I play many of them, but I prefer the exclusives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

i got the ps4 ! serious bita kit it is! fifa and the last of us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Great job - now go get PS+ and download this months games... ;)
    (Grab the vita and PS3 ones at the same time just in case...)

Taltos wrote: »
    Great job - now go get PS+ and download this months games... ;)
    (Grab the vita and PS3 ones at the same time just in case...)

prototype 2 or first light or duke nuke em? im assuming i only get one free?

• Advertisement

no - with PS+ you get everything that's marked as free.
    Part of the reason I suggest to even get ones for consoles/handhelds you don't have right now.
    As long as your PS+ membership is valid you should have access to these - some expire I think but I haven't seen it yet on the ones I play.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

evo2000 wrote: »
    i got the ps4 ! serious bita kit it is! fifa and the last of us! :)

Was that a bundle? If so where did you get it and for how much?

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Was that a bundle? If so where did you get it and for how much?

Gamestop 450

no - with PS+ you get everything that's marked as free.
    Part of the reason I suggest to even get ones for consoles/handhelds you don't have right now.
    As long as your PS+ membership is valid you should have access to these - some expire I think but I haven't seen it yet on the ones I play.... :)

It says purchased on prototype, how do i go about downloadin/ playin it tho?

Prototype is PS3 game, unless you have a PS3 you can't play it - but now if you ever do get a cheap PS3 you have a PS3 game ready to download and play... ;)
    I think PS4 was first light and some others.

If you purchased on a PC you can view your downloads and just select Download to the right of the game.
    Otherwise on the PS4 goto your library - select the game and then select Download.

It will download much faster if you have your PS4 connected via an ethernet cable, wireless downloading is really really slow.

• Advertisement

Prototype is PS3 game, unless you have a PS3 you can't play it - but now if you ever do get a cheap PS3 you have a PS3 game ready to download and play... ;)
    I think PS4 was first light and some others.

If you purchased on a PC you can view your downloads and just select Download to the right of the game.
    Otherwise on the PS4 goto your library - select the game and then select Download.

It will download much faster if you have your PS4 connected via an ethernet cable, wireless downloading is really really slow.

Ahh i see makes sense now! i just assumed the ps4 would be able to play ps3 games! cheers man

Unfortunately not.
    PS Now will let you rent games but that's not the same thing unfortunately.

Enjoy yourself and don't forget to turn it off now and again to see the real world again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

evo2000 wrote: »
    prototype 2 or first light or duke nuke em? im assuming i only get one free?

If the games are free, you get them all :D
    6 a month usually, and you'll often get games which are playable on 2 or 3 of the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

The only reason I bought a PS4 as early as Sept 2014 was they were selling the Killzone Shadowfall bundle for €332 to get rid of them. Amazing deal. Played a bit of Killzone but then got taken in by destiny. Will go back to Killzone at some point to finish the campaign. Its not as bad as people make out. I think people were just expecting more for next gen.

Biggest pro for me is the PS4 is definately more popular thus giving a greater community experience. The few actual friends I have who are still into gaming have a PS4.
    Oustide of that I play Destiny with the lads on the Destiny thread quite a bit which has helped me enjoy it and continue playing it when I probably would be long gone from it.

PS+ is great.

Oh and nearly forgot but remote play with the Vita is a HUGE deal for me. I play a lot of my PS4'ing on the Vita due to only having one telly. That said I am trying to play a bit more on the telly now especially with the likes of DriveClub that just looks stunning on the big screen.

Exclusives have already been mentioned but I'm really looking forward to Bloodbourne and The Order.

Two negatives for me...
    1. The controller, I still prefer the 360 one and the XboxOne controller is savage.
    2. Coming from 360 I'm going to miss the likes of Gears of War and Halo. I might have to pick up an XboxOne just for Gears in particular.

Advertisement