Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro s of the xbox one

Options
  • 16-01-2015 5:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

What are the pro s of the xbox one what made you buy your xbox one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

the devil made me do it.

That and the fact that the last console generation went on waaaaaaaaay to long and I didn't want to jump to PC, but wanted to keep my friends list, achievements etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

I'm a PC gamer at heart but I love the halo series which is why I've had all xbox systems to date. I also have a preference for the controller and prefer xbox live. I was planning to stick exclusively to PC this gen but I couldn't resist halo mcc and halo 5.

Also I love achievements!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

game sharing and us marketplace i know we cant discuss this in detail but the ability to get new titles for 25 euro was a dealbreaker for me

once i explained it in detail to my friends they quickly changed from getting ps4 to xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

The controller for me as well. Hate the PS Dual Shock.

Also, for all the abuse that's levelled at Microsoft, they tend to eventually nail most things in the end, like the user interface etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Have to say i just moved from PS4 to Xbox - main reason is my best mate is on XB1 and so i can game with him, keep in contact etc. After setting it up however my personal feeling is the XB1 seems to have more polish in the dashboard UI and UX. also wih the news now of Win 10 streaming this is brilliant. Game on the PC screen from XB1 while herself is watching the TV... everyone is happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

BrookieD wrote: »
    Have to say i just moved from PS4 to Xbox - main reason is my best mate is on XB1 and so i can game with him, keep in contact etc. After setting it up however my personal feeling is the XB1 seems to have more polish in the dashboard UI and UX. also wih the news now of Win 10 streaming this is brilliant. Game on the PC screen from XB1 while herself is watching the TV... everyone is happy

Just looked up some of what you said here as I hadnt heard about any of it.

Great to see more remote play becoming the norm. I play the bulk of my PS4 on the Vita as we only have one telly. It works fantastically well.

I wont be buying an xbox one until I see an exclusive I really want but this move will definately sway me to owning one where as up till now with my limited tv time I couldnt justify it.

I better get saving. Roll on Gears of War is what I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I only bought mine after I heard Halo Master Chief Collection was coming out and for Ryse and Titanfall, great games. It's a nice console, good media box, the kinect has it's uses especially if you use skype or own Just Dance (my kids love it). Plenty games coming out for it, graphics are a large improvement to those of the 360, xbox live is a good service now with a 'free' game to download every month. It compliments my ps4, no regrets getting the xbox one so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Already had a gaming PC and PS4 and Wii U. Wii U was barely used, so I traded it in to get the most value out of it and got xbox one instead. I was planing on getting it someday anyway, so might as well get it as xmas present. So I did.
    The only thing that xbox one has game wise for me is Forza series. Other then that I just buy games which ever platform has a better deal or better performance.
    Xbox one was a great netflix box too until I moved my gaming PC in to bedroom, connected it to a monitor and 42inch TV. Since then PS4 and Xbox one were not even turned on anymore.

Advertisement