Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne cafe with plug socket?

Options
  • 16-01-2015 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm meeting someone from adverts to buy a laptop off them. I don't think they want to make the trade in their home, and I want to test the laptop before I buy it. Is there a Cafe in the area with a plug socket that would allow me to sit down for a coffee and check the laptop out?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I'm sure any cafe would be ok with you plugging a laptop into a socket while you have a coffee - I'm sure they are well used to it, but personally I'd advise against dealing with people selling a laptop who don't want to deal in their own home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

PauloMN wrote: »
    I'm sure any cafe would be ok with you plugging a laptop into a socket while you have a coffee - I'm sure they are well used to it, but personally I'd advise against dealing with people selling a laptop who don't want to deal in their own home.

Met with the woman, was a rather pleasant trade. Some people are wary of inviting strangers to their home, and that's their right. But yeah, I agree, always be skeptical of dodgy trades and don't be afraid to walk away.

Advertisement