Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can 11811 not be blocked

Options
  • 16-01-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Asked my current provider to block calls to 11811. Was advised that this is not possible as Eircom insist that it is an essential service and refuse to allow it to be blocked.
    I thought they were fobbing me off, so got some else to check with their provider, and got basically the same answer.

How can a service like 11811 be essential to anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

It's classed as a service number like 999 even though it's not free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Gomer Pyle wrote: »
    Asked my current provider to block calls to 11811. Was advised that this is not possible as Eircom insist that it is an essential service and refuse to allow it to be blocked.
    I thought they were fobbing me off, so got some else to check with their provider, and got basically the same answer.

How can a service like 11811 be essential to anyone?
    Hi Gomer Pyle,  RFOLEY1999 is correct above, this is considered a service number and as such is not blocked.
    Tony

Advertisement