Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN 2x€250 Blue Book Vouchers to celebrate Electric Ireland's Powering Kindness Week!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Boards users have given me codes for 3ds games for my daughter for Christmas, box for a 2nd hand PS Vita for my son, copies of a PC game for me!, all out of goodness of their hearts. You get a lot of kindness from people like that on Boards I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

A woman approached me last week while I was about to buy a train ticket and said she wasn't going to use the return journey on her ticket and so gave it to me. Saved me a fee quid and put a smile on my face!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lost my wallet one time, it had some things important to me in it, months later somebody got it to my bank who tracked me down and i got it back, including my lucky stone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

I have a condition that requires regular hospital treatment.  The procedure only take a few minutes and I could easily drive myself there and back, but my wife always insists on driving me despite the fact that I generally have to be in the hospital between 6.00 and 6.30am for the treatment.  This means getting up at stupid o'clock, and even though she could stay in bed she does this without me ever asking and she never complains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I work in a charity shop. A few days before Christmas one of the regular customers dropped in a Christmas card for me. When I opened it up, I was so shocked to find a €10 note in it. Written on the card was buy your self a drink for all the bargains and kindness you've shown to me. It brought a tear to my eye. #poweringkindness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

My friend and I were having dinner one evening in Steps of Rome and an elderly man from New York came in but there was no tables free so we suggested he sit with us, it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable and entertaining dinners. He had lost his wife Nancy the year before but he was still upbeat and positive about life!  He gave us wonderful advice about our careers always give 100%, love always follow your heart and smile as much as you can!
    He insisted on paying for our meal and a more expensive bottle of red than we would have normally ordered, we have been exchanging Christmas cards since and I hope to meet him in April for coffee in New York! #poweringkindness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Getting a box of chocolates for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 18 eml

Saw neighbour running from the house to get to the bus for work this morning. As I drove out to my job - i offered her a lift to a bus stop with more bus options than our local one. I told her if she is late anytime and if my car is in the drive to knock in and i will give her a lift to another bus stop #poweringkindess

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

All of our friends are helping out with cakes, singers etc to keep our wedding costs down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

One cold morning recently, my neighbour saw that my car wouldnt start and two kids in the back giving out, came over and helped me jumpstart my car.
    Even though it made him late for work.#poweringkindess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

When it's really cold out, my fiancés dad brings us loads of briquettes so that we can light a big fire in the evenings. We hugely appreciate it and I know that my two sleepy cats do too when they curl up on the sofa in front.

#poweringkindness

I tag The Irish Heart Foundation. They've taken great care of my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

When i was bedridden with flu last week, my sister minded my two young kids. i was so grateful #poweringkindness

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Somebody bought me a pint. 

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nuala20

After going to a wonderful pilates class I was happy to pass on contact information to my fellow Childliners #poweringkindness, ISPCC Childline

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

having a bad day at work and coming back to find a chocolate bar on my keyboard. cheered me up no end :) Have repaid the favour a few times since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 muffee

I was in JFK airport with only a few dollars and cents left. I wanted to bring something sweet home to my family, especially my little sister who'd be collecting me from the airport (her first time - oh the nerves!)
    I thought some fresh Dunkin Donuts would be AWESOME!
    6 for $5 - what a bargain. I'm sure I had that left in my bag.

Oh dont forget to add local TAX. Silly me. So I was rumagging about in bag and I was about 15 cents short.
    The guy behind me offered to pay and also the check out server told me not to worry about it.

Normally I would expect that in small Irish rural villages......as its something I would often do if someone was short, growing up in my parents shop.

Kindness is global and all the sweeter
    No one ever got poor from giving.

Happy Kindness to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I'm just in from work, and my wife just told me there, she was taking our two babies and the shopping in from the car earlier today when the neighbour saw that she was looking a bit worse for wear.. (bolloxed!)

My neighbour helped my wife in with the kids and shopping, then watched the kids while my wife went up for a shower. when she came down, the neighbour had made lunch for everyone!!!

Dont know what to do to say thanks, a bottle of wine wont cut it!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Had to work a crazy busy day on my birthday, so my friend brought me in a delicious lunch as she knew I wouldn't have time to go out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Was having some quiet drinks for my 30th in a local but a couple of my friends decided to make it a great night and brought in some music and even went home halfway and and came back with chips and sausages for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dice3344

My Mum used to leave little notes in our lunchbox going to school every now and again... I loved finding them and now I regularly leave nice little notes for my friends and boyfriend hopeing that when they find them they'll get a little boost :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Thanks all for taking part - some lovely examples of kindness!

The winner has been randomly drawn, and they are... MugMugs!

Congratulations MugMugs - we will send you a private message in a moment to take your details.

Stay tuned all for more competitions here on Boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again folks,

Just to clarify something in relation to this competition: the two vouchers, worth €250 each, were for one winner.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying that Una and congratulations to the very lucky winner, MugMugs :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement