Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber recommend

Options
  • 16-01-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

REinstating boiler and plumbing in a house and getting rip of prices at de mo any suggestions or recommendations?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Jason Fahy - http://www.jasonfahyheating.com

Recommended, fitted new boiler and plumbed our bathrooms for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

If all your quotes are coming back roughly the same, just because you call it a rip off doesn't make it so. If someone comes along and undercuts all the other prices would you not wonder which corners he's cutting as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

If all your quotes are coming back roughly the same, just because you call it a rip off doesn't make it so. If someone comes along and undercuts all the other prices would you not wonder which corners he's cutting as well?
    That could be said fair enough but if guys are quoting labour 300 euro a day cash in hand no vat or seai do you not think this is silly money. Chippy myself so don't know many other trades expecting these Celtic tiger rates these days! I am open to being corrected but if you looked at my job it would make you go back to Fas and train as a plumber given what folk are expecting..... Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    That could be said fair enough but if guys are quoting labour 300 euro a day cash in hand no vat or seai do you not think this is silly money.

Absolutely I do think it's mad money. If you're in Drogheda and you want a recommendation for a plumber drop me a pm and I'll send you on his number.

Advertisement